photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 12, 2009

Fabulous Room Friday: 6.12.09

On Wednesday, I posted about the beautiful Brooklyn brown stone designed by Jonathan Berger featured in the July 2009 issue of House Beautiful. As promised, I saved one of my favorite rooms for today's Fabulous Room Friday Post.

The dining room walls are painted in Benjamin Moore's Grizzly Bear Brown, which sets off the home's original mouldings and complements the pink milk glass Venetian chandelier quite nicely. The white pedestal table can be extended to accommodate more guests while the French chairs from the 1940s were covered in blue leather with pink-dyed cowhide backs from Global Leathers. The real stand-out piece in the room has to be the custom-made bulletin board. The huge piece was designed by Berger. The coral-like frame was made of plaster and the cork was painted a pale blue. I like the fact that it lends a more personal and relaxed vibe to the room. Normally, dining rooms are much more formal, but this makes me think that it is used strictly for intimate gatherings with family and friends. Like the rest of the house, this dining room is a little over-the-top, but that just makes it all the more fabulous!


Image scanned from House Beautiful July 2009

17 comments:

Fashion Maven said...

You know I ran right out and bought this issue just because of your blog on this article and the mention that Miles Redd was featured in the issue.

I am LOVING this spread - the whole mag is just on point. I love that starburst mirror over the larger one (which is actually covering an old doorway!).

Superb stuff. Gave me a decorgasm.

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

This design is probably not at the very top of my list, but the combination of elements really worked in this case!

La Maison Fou said...

I do like a chocolate room, this one is great with the blue seating.
Leslie

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

This was my favorite image in the whole issue! The rest of the home is amazing though. Loved all the pink!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love the chandelier- favorite piece in the room!

laviejaime.blogspot.com

Chic Coles said...

I love the color of the wall with the blue chairs! The wall hangings are so fun, what a great way to organize pictures and invitations etc!

SpryOnTheWall said...

I LOVE this room! The blue chairs with the chocolate walls are fab!

Unknown said...

I kind of want to see something else on the wall besides the posters. The color matching is otherwise good though, and matches the brown very well.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

. said...

How lovely. I esp. like the wall decor and the chair colors against the white.

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

LindsB said...

I LOVE that huge framed board, that is the coolest frame I have seen- it makes the whole room.

Yoli said...

I love this Paloma! It has an under the sea vibe.

My Galveston Cottage said...

Now that's one fun bulletin board! I like this room's vibe -- not sure, though, if I like the chandelier here. It's seems to conflict a bit to me. As always, a nice post that's fun to read. cheers -s

Haven and Home said...

I love that room, it may be one of my new favorites...

bluehydrangea said...

One of my all time favorite rooms!!! Blue, brown, pops of white, the unexpected bulletin board..perfect!!

Christine said...

So gorgeous!
Do you know where this pinboard is from? I love it :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Christine,

The pinboard is actually a custom made piece. I have never seen anything like it. Isn't it fabulous? Thanks for reading!

P

Christine said...

It is fab! :-))
What a pity there isn't a DIY tutorial at all *gg*