photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, June 8, 2009

Double Take: A Glamorous Houston Home

Last year, I posted about the incredibly chic townhouse of Houston interior designer, Lisa Epley which was featured in the May 2008 issue of Paper City. It is one of my favorite homes I have ever blogged about. Her house just sings to me! I absolutely adore the grey walls and high gloss, ebonized floors, no matter how impractical they may be. I love the use of chic, feminine details and the overall palette of black, white, and grey with the occasional punch of color. Epley also happens to have an extraordinary collection of antique mirrors which are on display in almost every room of the house. I love that each room flows into the next and that the design of the house is very cohesive.

You may be wondering why I am writing about this house again if I have already posted about it in the past. Well, as I was looking at Houston's new real estate listings in on HAR over the weekend, I came across Epley's townhouse which is now for sale. The real estate photos show the entire house, which was not shown in Paper City and I couldn't resist posting them. If you did not read the original post last year, then I am sure you will enjoy this. If you did, please consider it a très chic walk down memory lane.


The Facade of Epley's Townhouse. Are you wondering what those trees are doing on the roof? Just wait and see!
The powder room features one of Epley's beautiful antique mirrors.

The living room features a cocktail table from James Dawson Design, white denim sofas from The Joseph Company, 19th century gilded armchairs from a Paris flea market, and of course an antique gilded French mirror.

An antique Italian sunburst mirror found in a Paris flea-market hangs over the carrara marble fireplace.
The kitchen, dining room, and living room all flow into one another. I love the shade of grey Epley selected for the walls. It is called Porpoise by Sherwin Williams.

Another Shot of the Dining Room

Epley designed the configuration of the kitchen herself. I love refrigerators with see-through doors. They inspire the Jeff Lewis in me!

The kitchen features Calcutta gold marble counter tops and a mirrored back splash, as well as a display of Epley's ironstone collection.

Epley's master bedroom was not featured prominently in Paper City, but it has the same luxurious feel as the rest of the house. It features a 19th century starburst mirror, headboard by Hien Lam, glass cylinder lamps, and antique Chinese lacquered chests from Wind Water Gallery in The Heights.

I love the roman shade used in the master bathroom.

Epley's daughter's room is quite literally the bright spot in the house as it provides a burst of color through bedding by Hien Lam, mercury glass lamps from Z Gallerie, a crystal chandelier from High Fashion Home, and a sunburst mirror from Eclectic Home.

Epley's office was completely left out of the Paper City feature, but it is one of my favorite rooms in the home. I love the juxtaposition of the modern Parsons desk against the gilded French chair, settee, and mirror. I love the rich color palette, gourd lamp, drapes, and vintage oil painting. Heck, I love it all!

Isn't this fabulous? The roof-top garden features chairs from Home Source, wall-to-wall synthetic grass from Creative Flooring Resources, and mirrors from Eclectic Home.

There are the little trees that are visible on top of the house from across the street. The sofas and cocktail table are by West Elm and the beautiful iron planters by James Dawson Design.

The home also features a private patio with bamboo landscaping. To view the real estate listing for this home, click here.

35 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

Picking my jaw from the floor. This house is absolutely stunning!

Tiaa @ EYInteriors said...

This house is gorgeous! Move-In Ready! Great post!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love it! I would feel so glamorous in those surroundings! The daughter's room looks like it has my favorite bedroom color.

Adriene Rathbun said...

Wow - incredible! I can understand why it's one of your favs!

Rachel said...

Completely inspired by this home!! Lovely!

Yoli said...

Paloma this is lovely!

Yansy said...

Amazing. Can I move in today? Pretty, please. I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for this post.

LindsB said...

I want to move in right now, wondering if she would sell it with all the furniture too?

DesignTies said...

Absolutely stunning!
I'm definitely going to drop these pics in my "ideas" e-folder... not that I could ever come close to replicating what Epley has so masterfully created!! But I can feel the inspiration percolating inside me just looking at the pics... and I'm definitely going to "steal" some of her window covering ideas (the romans are great!)!
Thanks for sharing!
Victoria @ DesignTies

Things That Inspire said...

Wow - the life of a designer to move every few years! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the home from a new perspective.

My Decor Style said...

This is one of the most beautiful town-homes I have seen. I love the kitchen (I like the see thru fridge doors, too!), the large mirrors, and the wall color. It's all beautiful. The synthetic grass is really cool, too. Fabulous!!!

Verdigris Vie said...

Uhm - this house fantastic.. i would not normally gravitate towards walls in this shade, but it looks extremely luxurious. This is an incredible interior..I must explore this designers work further..

I didn't see your post last year.. the mirrors are wonderful.

thanks
Vitania

Stace said...

Any ideas on the paint color in the daughter's room? LOVES IT!!

Unknown said...

This is a great designBeautifully designed. Is the living room designed outside, with just a roof structure on top, or is it actually inside, surrounded by windows?

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com

leticia@galsintheknow.blogspot.com/ said...

Fab U LASH!!!!
Love it!
~leticia
check out my blog for book, jewelry and makeup giveaways!
wooo!!

Waxy said...

What a gorgeous townhome! The roof is amazing!!!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Absolutely fabulous! oh my gosh!

alison giese Interiors said...

UnbeLIEVable! Stunning, {panting, swooning, etc}

I could live in her kitchen alone - Oh, and I want that B&W horse print - maybe you could pass that along! ;)

CarolAnne - camdesign said...

omg,omg,omg...that is the best home design I have seen in a long time...I to am going to keep these pic's in a idea file...thank you so much for sharing them

chelswat said...

the paint color is so dramatic, the house would look completely different in another color. I love it! Great find!

I can't believe I just found your blog, I LOVE IT!!

Lauren said...

You are seriously my hero for finding these pictures!!! After you posted her town home the first time I seriously searched all over Houston for that issue of Paper City (but I was too late). Clearly her town home is PERFECTION to me.

###### said...

I love it..they are living la vida loca!..if thats right..anyway the grey is really nice..love love love.

Mr. + Mr. Rubio said...

Seriously. Are you kidding me. Your blog is like the perfect piece of red velvet cake right in the middle of the month when I need it most..

So glad I found it. I'm going to love hanging out here. FABULOUS!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Amazing..I love her house too. So cohesive, just perfect.

Thanks for the great post.

Best,
Julie

tarheel said...

whoa! That is fabulous! That rooftop is amazing.

Nadine Cruce said...

Hi the first picture was looks like the building when i was in los angeles renovation team.
But The rooftop was amazing. That was a good idea to have that.

Nadine Cruce said...

Hi the first picture was looks like the building when i was in los angeles renovation team.
But The rooftop was amazing. That was a good idea to have that.

bandelle said...

I'm only just catching up on my La Dolce Vita reading and could not finish until I commented on this house. Wow. I had the Paper City article stashed in my inspiration folder but only pinned it on my wall a couple of months ago. This is probably the only house that I would ask if I could buy all of the furniture too. She is amazing.

Kylie
xxx

chateaudelu said...

I could move in tomorrow...

daily decorator said...

I could live full time up on that roof!

Lauren said...

AMAZING! I love this house!

Lauren said...

I.AM.IN.LOVE!!!!! This is by far the most amazing home! I sooo get it! I'm feeling good as a amature decorator...I've used a lot of black and white, have grey walls and leopard print carpet runner up my stairs and in my (black) office. This gal can come finish it all up though! Yum-O! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

I fell in love with the office and found similar drapes at West Elm in Houston. They are now hanging in my chocolate brown room. Thanks for the post and inspiration.

Julia said...

This house is amzaaazing! I love the flooring in the kitchen and dining room.

stagingworks2009 said...

Paloma...wonderful interior you post here. It is really inspiring to have some ideas from. Thanks a lot for sharing. From Home Stager Toronto