photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Luxe Report: Black and Yellow

Hello, LDV readers. Hope you're all off to a fabulous start for 2012. It's Rebecca from Young Sophisticates, with an all new Luxe Report!
There's a cool new trend in the world of high fashion: black and yellow! This two color pairing was all over the runway - lots of spring 2012 collections featured black on yellow (including Monique Lhuillier, Derek Lam, Yigal Azrouël, Carolina Herrera). Oscar de la Renta's black and yellow gown (pictured above) is unbelievably gorgeous.
This surprisingly chic color combination works in fashion, as well as for your home.
Even though the trend comes from the fashion world, I think it translates just as well to the home. Add modern accents to your home in black and yellow. You'll be pleased with the fresh and on trend color scheme, regardless of whether you try out the trend in your wardrobe or home.
SHOP THE LOOK (FOR YOUR CLOSET):

SHOP THE LOOK (FOR YOUR HOME):
{Photo Credit: via Shoe Daydreams; via creamylife}

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this color...just scored an awesome Bikini in it! Summer please come quick.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I have never considered black+yellow, but seeing these images really inspires me! I will have to try this combo out soon.

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Traci said...

love the way you carried this into the home.. so bright yet clean!

www.confessionsofaprofessionalbridesmaid.com

Bettina said...

That Oscar look was my absolute favorite!

A Casa da Vá said...

What a fun trend, love it!

Hugs & kisses from South Florida!
http://acasadava.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That dress is so pretty

Meagan said...

I've similarly been into the black and yellow recently! Check out my round up from last week: http://www.style-edition.com/style-edition-blog/tag/yellow

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Black and yellow is a stunning combinations. I love the look of the bold yellow mixed with black.

www.idesignlove.com

chachamisu said...

I like this colors combination

Unknown said...

What a spectacular gown dahhling! Love the color combination...

Unknown said...

As a Pittsburgh native, I'm forever in love with this color combo. As a reader on this new-to-me blog, I'm falling in love! xo Lola

Unknown said...

I've been into more that chartreuse-y yellow as in the second photo, paired with black/white or dark navy/white. So super chic! Thx for the inspiration!

Boudoir de la Mode said...

I love the colour combination for interiors. Black can be really harsh and a bright colour is needed to cheer up the atmosphere.
I'm thinking of doing my office in Yellow and White but might consider adding some black accents as well.

X Grazi - Boudoir de la Mode

designchic said...

Oh the dress...fabulous!!

Ivy de Leon said...

I am in love with this gown. Every time I see black and yellow, I'm reminded of the first time I saw it in the New York Times. Just grand. Thanks for the image.

Three Drifters said...

I own a black and yellow sweater myself! I've been called a bee before, but I love it. And I love me some Yigal Azrouel. :-)

- 3 Drifters

Unknown said...

Oooh wooow amazing post!!! love it!!

Follow you!! :)

L.A. in the bay said...

that dress is a stunner!

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

ON the money. Bumblee-bee colour combos are so in right now! I love wearing them together even tho I wouldn't have considered it a few seasons back.