photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, January 20, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 01.20.12

01_Boerum_RH

Earlier this week, I stumbled upon an image of a breathtaking bath on Pinterest (naturally!). Upon doing a little research, I found that the bathroom had been designed by CWB Architects in Brooklyn, New York. Because I loved the style of the bathroom so much, I was curious to see more of their work and loved what I found, including this stunning living room/dining room. The space is part of a gut renovation by CWB Architects, lead by partner, Brendan Coburn. The interior design was carried out by Erin Fearrins, though CWB has completed the interior design on some of their other architecture projects. I love the combination of a serene color palette with bold pieces like the Greek key console, vivid fabrics, and statement-making chandelier. The result is chic and interesting without being overwhelming.

03_Boerum_RH

The living area features so many lovely pieces such as the Oly Studio coffee table, vintage, reupholstered chairs, and bamboo mirror hanging over the gorgeous, original fireplace.

02_Boerum_RH

This shot focuses on the dining side of the room. This is in New York, so space is at a premium, of course! The clean lines of the dining table and chairs works in perfect harmony with the more ornate pieces in the room. Everything in the space works with one another as opposed to against each other.

What is your favorite piece in this space? I think mine would have to be the chandelier, with the Greek key console coming in at a close second. If it were a different color, it may have won out. Have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Image Credit: Francis Dzikowski via CWB Architects}

28 comments:

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

AH! I wait all week for this!

I love the lime print over that sideboard. AMAZING

Bethany

www.powellbrower.com

Powell Brower Home

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

One of my favorites, Paloma!

I'm in love with the turquoise chairs!

Wishing you a very blessed weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Amanda said...

this room just makes me smile!! I have been crushing on that Oly coffee table for sometime- so funny I was recently in HomeGoods and I swear they had an exact replica of that table!

Traci said...

I love all the lighting, both sets of lamps and obviously the chandelier is amazing!!

Thanks for sharing:)

Traci
www.confessionsofaprofessionalbridesmaid.blogspot.com

Jillian said...

That coffee table is awesome! Love it!

Tiffany Leigh {designer lifestyle} said...

The use of fabrics in this room is really well done. The pairing between the pillows on the sofa next to the bright blues of the chairs is especially perfect!
Tiffany
{designer-lifestyle.blogspot.com}

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

One of my favorite things about Fridays! I love how fresh this room feels. I'd kill for those chairs!

Katrina said...

Paloma, I have this room Pinned on my Home Sweet Home board on Pinterest. Love it! Great Fab Room Friday pick!

claudia b said...

omg I LOVE this room!!! the palette, the green lamps, but that chandelier, Oh My!

Allie said...

That coffee table, and the chandelier are my absolute favs! Awesome post. Have a wonderful weekend.

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I am pretty sure that is the French key limed console from Layla Grace--one of my favs. Great post!

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

Oh, and they do have the console in a darker oak!

martinealison said...

Une très belle suspension luminaire...
Gros bisous

Gwen Driscoll said...

All so beautiful! Happy Weekend.

Annie Vincent Interiors said...

Stunning! I love the mix of this room! Thanks for doing some digging and finding it for us.

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

So pretty. I love the coffee table!

www.idesignlove.com

lacoquettedelamode said...

Wow- I would kill to live there!

XX Kathryn

http://lacoquettedelamode.wordpress.com/

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

I like the subtle but interesting colour palette - very tastefully and carefully put together! Good find!

Unknown said...

Beautiful color combinations dahhling.

Trisha said...

I like the chandelier and the Greek key console, too. But, I really like the coffee table (reminds me of a Frank Gehry chair!) And, I absolutely love the old marble fireplace mantle!

The Golden Girls said...

simply gorgeous, wonderful color, and vibrant yet relaxed! excellent! xx
Golden White Décor

designchic said...

The room is amazing and I am obsessed with the coffee table. I was at a hotel this week that had these coffee tables, and I couldn't quit looking at them!!

Jenny Keenan said...

That chandelier is truly to die for. And I love those chairs mid century in the ikat print. This really is a great fun Friday room. If you guys are not to busy reading all these amazing blogs come check me out at www.jennys-southerncomfort.blogspot.com . Have a great weekend and I can't wait until next Friday.

L.A. in the bay said...

love all the bright colors!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

This is a tough one because all the elements are beautiful but if I had to pick one...ok two it would be the upholstered chairs and the modern artwork. Hope you had a nice weekend!!

Lindsay @ A Walk in the Closet said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing this space.

I'm loving the contrast of the old architecture versus the fresh pops of color and the statement lighting.

Eruiel said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Glam at Home said...

What a calm and relaxing place to live.