photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Color Dose: Orange

Today, we welcome a new contributor to La Dolce Vita! Kelly, of the blog and stylish graphic design studio, Fabulous K will be guest posting once a month with a series on color, aptly named “Color Dose”. Today, we start off with the ever-chic hue of orange. Welcome to the LDV team, Kelly!

Fabulous K

There used to be a time when my decor predominately consisted of white and gray. I've always adored color, it just wasn't something I incorporated into my own home very much.  There's no doubt that adding little pops of color to a space can completely change the look and feel, but some find it a bit intimidating. I've found that adding a colorful accessory, small or large, is a great way to start. As a contributor here at La Dolce Vita, my goal is to share accessories that can be added to your home for a dose of happy color. Right now, I am really loving orange hues, which feels modern and pairs well with neutrals.

inspiration images: left / right

SHOP: (1) Jill Rosenwald Plimpton Flame Oval Lamp in Tangerine,  (2) Furbish Orange Capiz Lotus, (3) Shop | Ten | 25 Orange and Ivory Zig Zag Pillow, (4) Anthropologie Henri Dining Chair, (5) Caitlin Wilson Interiors Tangerine Lotus Pillow (6) Zhush Orange and Gold Greek Key Box, (7) Jonathan Adler Zebra Rug

Now tell me, does color intimidate you or do you embrace it?
 

21 comments:

Allie said...

I just love orange! It is such a fresh, and lively color to add to any space. Great post. Have a wonderful day.

Lilacandgrey said...

Ahh! LOVE orange! It is going to be BIG this Year!

B. Neal said...

In love with the orange bar stools, I've never thought about adding orange, but you've given me some great ideas!

Adair C. said...

Love Fabulous K's contribution!

Sarah Greenman said...

Kelly is one stylish smart lady.

meghan said...

Pretty! I think it intimidates me a little, but I decorate with accents of red and my walls are a greenish color, so I'm not totally afraid of colors!

bevy said...

I can't get enough orange at the moment. I definitely love color, but in interiors it can be tricky, 'cause you don't want to tire of something too soon. I think your advice works well, adding a splash here and there.

Karena said...

Kelly great examples of this luscious color. I know we will be seeing a lot of it!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

p-l-a-i-d said...

Orange is such a fun, bright color. I love the zig zag pillow (#3)!

Andrea Megivern said...

I recently bought a bright, orange vintage office chair and love it against my freshly painted gray walls with stark white trim. I heart orange! So bright and cheery! Andrea

Your Southern Peach said...

Happy to have Kelly here to contribute!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I'm not a big fan of orange but these picks from Kelly are so gorgeous, love them ALL!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

oooooo! I love all of Kelly's picks..... and I love her work.... she designed my blog page!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

ooooo! I love all of Kelly's picks and I love her work.... she designed my blog page!

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

Love Fabulous K!

XO~JD

www.jessiedmiller.com

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

Happy to see some ways to use Tangerine with interiors rather than only in fashion, thanks! I am a colour junkie - totally embrace - as long as I have a base of white to keep it fresh. :)

Becky said...

i love orange & i love fabulous k!! great post!

L.A. in the bay said...

absolutely love that chevron pillow. Can't wait to read more posts!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Love Kelly and her beautiful designs!

Great orange and gray round up!!

Patty [PRETTYGROUNDED] said...

the rug, the chair, the lamp, the votive.

must have them all. I have a mainly white color palette in my home and these would be perfect.

my blog www.prettygrounded.com

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

I love orange! Love all your picks.