photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beautifully Organized: Color Coded

Hello my dears! Arianna here of Arianna Belle Organized Interiors. When it comes to placing items into their assigned "homes" one of my favorite ways arrange them is by color. Doing so creates such a beautifully organized effect...



Books grouped by color can be a great way to style a bookshelf and add a punch of color into the decor of a room. (To preserve functionality try to keep similar subjects together or do this only with books you don't really need to access that often)



Magazines with a colored spine (like the O Magazine, InStyle, and House Beautiful) can create a beautiful rainbow effect. Colored files can help visually separate things out into categories (red for 'legal', orange for 'home', etc) and let you find documents more quickly.



Clothing and shoes arranged by (type then by) color allows you to see what you have and makes it easier and more enjoyable to pick out an outfit.



Do you like to color code/arrange things by color?

Til next time!

-Arianna

---
image credits:1-via rikshaw design blog, 2-arianna belle, 3-cupcakes and cashmere, 4-honey we're home, 5-domino, 6-clos-ette, 7-elle, 8-apartment therapy

17 comments:

Karena said...

I do Paloma especially my closet!

Love the bookshelves this way as well.

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I am definitely a color-coder! I love the look of a color coded space. These pictures are all great inspiration!


XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Heidi said...

This is a great post! I'm mid-way through organization my closets and I'm trying to make life easier to get dressed in the morning.

Now if only I had the shoe collections show above to organize. I'd happy have that problem.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

want want want this kind of color organization!

Bethany
www.powellbrower.com

Jalon Burton said...

PERFECT! ... and what a beautiful post!
Thank you for sharing some of the 'fun' aspects of organization! HA
HAve a great day

Tiffany Leigh {designer lifestyle} said...

I'm definitely loving this post! It's amazing how color coding can make mundane things (such as filing) beautiful. Thanks for the great tips!

Tiffany
designer-lifestyle.blogspot.com

Whitney Kaye said...

I love color coordinating my closet! I look forward to your posts Arianna because you do a wonderful job of showing how to make organization stylish. Two of my favorite things!

whitneykayestyles.blogspot.com

Fran said...

Few things make me as happy as my color coordinated closet hehe

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

I'll admit that I color coordinate my closet, but it isn't that hard to keep up, it basically goes white, tan, grey, black. :)

Aurelia said...

great idea to organize the bookshelves with the colors....
http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

designchic said...

Oh Ariana, this makes me so happy...wishing my closets and bookcases looked just like this...amazing!!

Shemeka Sumrall said...

I <3 this! I can't wait to try this out with the books in my library. My closet has been fun, but Paloma has taken colors to a different level.

Fabulous,
S;)

meghan said...

This post is just amazing. I do love the color coding, but more so than that I just love the organization. If I could get my closet organized like this I just know I would have so much fun getting dressed in the morning!

DanielleL said...

After reading this post and seeing the beautifully color coded bookshelf, i decided to color code my built in bookshelves and they look AMAZING!! I definitely need a few more yellow, purple and green books ;-D but thank you for the inspiration! xo

Lizzy said...

I color code my dvds :D

Ms. Davies said...

Love it! Where can I purchase the shoe rack? It looks perfect for my collection of heels! :-)

Brittany D. said...

Love it! Where can the shoe rack be purchased? I haven't seen one like that before! Thank you for the inspiration!