photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Honey, I’m Home: The Study

7512 creekwood library

Yesterday, I posted about this amazing home that I recently fell in love with while browsing the Houston real estate listings. The home is gorgeous without anything in it, but I felt so inspired by the space, that I decided to create some design boards for each of the rooms. You know, since I can’t actually buy the house and move in. A girl can dream, right? Needless to say, the bones of the home are conducive to a variety of styles, but I would definitely decorate it with a touch of glamour. First up, my plan for the study.

creekwood study

creekwood office

{Clockwise from Top: Devon Mirror from Z Gallerie, Ruhlmann Sconces from Circa Lighting, Sophia Sofa from Z Gallerie, Ikat Pillows from Madeline Weinrib, Stone Bolster Pillow from Jayson Home & Garden, Small Mykonos Chandelier from Circa Lighting, Cotton Steel Brooke Rug from Madeline Weinrib, Chinese Chippendale Chairs from Wisteria, Cococozy Cane Throw, Kate Lamp from Circa Lighting, Jett Desk by Z Gallerie, Eddie Chair from Z Gallerie}

I work from home and my husband is very kind and generous, so naturally, the study in “our home” would be mine and it would have a decidedly feminine feel. I adore the woodwork in this space. The paneling and built-ins are so beautiful and the walls of windows make the space feel so large and light, though it does limit how much you can hang on the walls. Speaking of the walls, I love the paint color chosen by the window. It is such a creamy, light taupe.

The first order of business for me was finding a modern sunburst mirror to hang above the fire place. Then I moved on to a desk. I knew I wanted something white and fairly simple. After that, I knew I wanted to incorporate some color and found this amazing peacock blue chair from Z Gallerie, which I would swathe with the cane printed throw from Cococozy. By the way, Coco was sweet enough to send me the same throw in navy and I LOVE it. The quality is amazing and it’s reversible. On the other side of the desk, I would add a pair of black lacquered Chippendale chairs.The sofa is both modern and glamorous, but I like that it has sharper lines, lending a bit of a masculine sensibility to the room. It would go on the right side, between the desk in front of the fireplace and the wall of windows. The rug and ikat pillow are both from Madeline Weinrib. Next, I felt that the room needed a little more sparkle, so I added the bolster pillow from Jayson Home and Garden. Lastly, I added the jewelry of the room: the lighting. I knew I wanted something warm, so I decided on antique, hand-rubbed brass for my fixtures, all of which are decidedly glamorous, wouldn’t you say? The sconces would go above the fireplace on either side of the mirror. I would fill the bookshelves with art and design books along with fun accessories like agate bookends.

creekwood accessories2

creekwood accessories

{Clockwise from Top: Dabney Lee Desk Accessories, Eduardo Garza Rose Quartz Bookends, Vogue March 2010 Contributors by Lauren DiCioccio, Louis the Third by Jessica Snow, Tini Table by Oomph, Hermes Boule Clock, Iomoi Sandy Cay Paperweights, Matador Print by Happy Menocal}

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I have to say that I love the way my design board turned out for this space. It has the perfect balance of masculine and feminine shapes, just enough color and glamour for days. If only I could move in!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Just started following your blog and I'm from Houston so I'm so excited you showcased such a beautiful home from here. :)

meenal @ maison marigold said...

I love it too!! such a glamorously outfitted room..I love everything you have chosen..but my favourite is that teal colored winged chair..just gorgeous!! loved this post very much, paloma..hope to see you on my blog more often! xx meenal

Jessie @ Tasty Fare, Pretty Wear said...

So gorgeous! You can feel free to decorate my boring college apartment anytime :)

Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking said...

Oh wow! I'm speechless (that never happens)! Those floors and bookcases! I love love love all your choices for the room, especially that gorgeous blue Z Gallerie chair!

dm designs said...

love love love! so glad I stumbled upon your blog :) I feel like we have some similar tastes!

The enchanted home said...

Love it, it IS a great room..very inspiring to work with...nothing like a clean slate. Love your very chic isprirations!

The Sister Sophisticate said...

That would make a great study!

TERI REES WANG said...

This is an entertaining game of room "Study".

I so wish the 1stdibs.com would allow us to fill a "room" with all our fun finds and "study" our collection.

I need an app for the that. ;P

Cheers!

Kyrstan said...

Lovely choices! It's like you read my mind!;)I can't stop looking at this house you posted. I'm obsessed!!

Alan Karlin said...

OMG!you crack me up. I love to see another person obsessed with houses. You really went all the way with the design. Good thing we have this outlet to play with our imaginations & avoid the expense.

The Iconic Blog said...

I love your ideas. What a dreamy study~!x

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous inspirations! I can't wait to see how fabulous everything turns out. Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

buyaionaccount said...

Its really a great house even with no furniture as of now. Your picks are just perfect that, I would love to sit on that couch. Pretty.

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Beautiful room, your design would look absolutely gorgeous in it!

Kathy said...

What design board program do you use? Thanks, Kathy

emaleigh said...

this is absolutely beautiful... my dream study/office hands down. I love the dark hard woods and the white walls. Crisp and clean.

Unknown said...

I would love to have a study like that. One day...