photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, March 11, 2011

Fabulous Room(s) Friday 03.11.11

I’ve been going back and forth between my two favorite rooms in the newest issue of Lonny, trying to decide which one to feature as this week’s Fabulous Room. Finally, I figured, why not do both?

Jennifer Bander’s den (pictured above) has so many rich, sumptuous textures. I love the hand painted wallpaper as well as the crushed velvet upholstery on the sofas. The color of the built-ins lends a perfect amount of color to the room without being too loud. I also love that the backs of the shelves are covered with mirrors. They not only help to make the space seem larger, but they add a bit of glamour. I would have liked to see them incorporate a few different types of pillows instead of using so many of one pattern, though.

I am crazy about this amazing dining nook designed by Christina Murphy and Meg Gabriele. The high-gloss black finish on the window frames and bench is so glamorous. The addition of the ikat pillows and the Goodman Hanging Lights from Circa Lighting gives the space a young, eclectic feel. It’s the perfect setting for starting out the day!

So, which of the spaces is your favorite? Why?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Image Source: Lonny Magazine}

9 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I love Christina Murphy. I've made a post about her before... is she so talented?

Gorgeous, this is simply comfy and gorgeous, Paloma!

Have a blessed weekend,

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Behind the Lashes said...

Built-in and breakfast nooks, love it!

aLena said...

Can't decided both are so glamorous & both going in my inspiration folder :)

liz said...

The Den looks so cosy and I would love to browse through the book shelves........very inviting.

meenal @ maison marigold said...

the latest issue of lonny has far too much eye candy this time...their best issue till date, in my opinion...i love both the spaces you have featured...wouldn't want to choose...do stop by my blog sometime...have a great weekend, paloma!! xx meenal

quintessence said...

Both beautiful and yet so different - don't think I could choose between them. I've always wanted a banquette in the kitchen!!

The enchanted home said...

Both stunning, I am really into banquettes lately and imagine all the lively conversations sitting around such a table will invite, but then I look at that den and all those books, those comfy couches...and it just yells out "all kinds of interesting people coming together to talk about even more interesting topics" amidst all those books...so clearly I am highly inspired by both!!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I love both spaces, but I would have to say the first is my favorite. I'm a sucker for velvet sofas! I also love the mirrored back wall cabinets. great idea!

Lindley said...

ok, i love both. i LOVE those couches. i picked a couch style very similar to that for our home with a silk velvet fabric and a tight back and base just like that. such a handsome look. i too love the breakfast nook. SO COZY! what a great idea!
-lindley
www.korculastyle.blogspot.com