photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, March 18, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 03.18.10

west village penthouse

I am loving the gorgeous bedroom in the West Village townhouse designed by New York designer, Lauren Stern. It reads fresh and young, yet sophisticated. The room is so tailored and polished, but Lauren’s choice of accessories and lighting lends the space a bit of an eclectic touch. I love the raspberry hue of the chair and throw, which add just the right dose of color.

west village penthouse

{The sitting area is so lovely. I particularly love the chandelier and abstract painting.}

 

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Image Source: Lauren Stern Design}

10 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Beautiful in every detail!

I am in love with that desk and the chair makes a great statement in that color.

I'm "hunting" for a chair similar to that and I want to paint it too.

By the way, drop by to see my "Cool or Fool" post today. It's a really interesting one! What do you think of building a wall in your bathroom made of IKEA vases??? ;-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

The Sister Sophisticate said...

Its very charming. That herringbone floor is gorgeous. I like the little pops of pink too!

Savor Home said...

Loving that chandelier and the mixture of styles! Have a great weekend!

Michelle Vinson said...

I really love your blog. I actually have it on my blogroll as one of my daily reads :).

I love the chalkboard above the couch--is that what that is? So many unique ways to use chalkboard paint. In the process of painting my dining room table with chalkboard paint http://peridotdesignsinc.blogspot.com/2011/01/sitting-pretty.html

Michelle

meenal @ maison marigold said...

this is really beautiful...what gorgeous colors...that soft grey writing desk with gold accents is so stunning...and what can i say about the herringbone floor!! beautiful post, paloma!! xx meenal

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I'm loving those herringbone floors too!

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love the eclectic touch. It seems to be the trend! I think it makes for more personal interiors.

Claudia Juestel said...

Fabulous indeed! Love the floor! Great mix.

Cheers,

Claudia

jana bek design said...

I love the desk, who makes it?

Thx! J