photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, March 4, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 03.03.11

This gorgeous study by Atlanta designer, Amy D. Morris represents my style so perfectly! Designed for Atlanta Homes and Lifestyle’s 2010 Christmas Show House (they create the BEST show houses), it features glossy black walls, creating the perfect backdrop for the show-stopping R.Hughes sea urchin-inspired chandelier and the other gold accents in the space, like the beautiful shelving. I also love the tufted zebra chair and the use of orange and peacock blue, two of my favorite colors.

The cognac leather chairs lend a sense of warmth to the space while the Plexiglas desk seems to float within the space. The look is masculine with an ultra-glamorous touch…right up my alley! By the way, I spent some time with the magazine’s editorial director, Clint Smith in LA earlier this week and he is as delightful as he is talented. He just started a fantastic blog, Smith on Style. Be sure to check it out!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, no matter what you’re doing!

 

{Image Credit: Erica George Dines for Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles}

19 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Paloma,

This is fabulous! I am deeply in love with that desk!

Have a lovely weekend, sweetie.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com


PS: Paloma, come take a look at my "Cool or Fool" Fridays. Would you like in a "Auto House"??? :-)

Vanessa Elizabeth said...

I think the area rug is my favourite part of the room! The colour is gorgeous, especially with the different neutrals in the room.

WaterWorks Car Wash said...

I am starting to really love navy walls in libraries and dining rooms. So romantic - especially at night. Fab room!

The Iconic Blog said...

What gorgeous spaces! Thanks for the daily eye-candy!

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

Jenna@simplybonvivant.com said...

Ok can I just say that as an Atlantan, we have been representing our city well with all the fab design lately...so I am bias but this is seriously awesome....so great thanks for featuring this!!! LOVE!

Lilacandgrey said...

this is one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen!

meenal @ maison marigold said...

That is truly the most gorgeous carpet ever...and those gold etageres...what can i say..height of chic!! thanks for sharing Paloma...hope to see you on my blog sometime soon...have a great weekend!! xx meenal

Unknown said...

Such a beautifully layered space. Interesting with such unique combinations. I love that chandelier and how the artwork repeats the effect. Glossy walls are so rich!

Unknown said...

I am with Cara! Really I am speechless!

Sabrina said...

Amazing! A truly fabulous room indeed! ;)

xxS

www.sabrinastylelife.blogspot.com

Laura Trevey said...

and Fabulous it is!!!

Happy weekend to you Paloma!
xoxo Laura

Cat @PerpetualPerfection said...

I want a lucite desk more than life itself! Love this room!
xoxo

perpetualperfection.blogspot.com

quintessence said...

Yes, I absolutely adored this room - so fabulous!! Orange and peacock blue are 2 of my favorite colors as well. I like all the same features you do especially the contrast of the leather chairs with the stylish lucite desk. And I already discovered Clint's blog and commented on the delicious butterscotch pudding!!

Pretty Inspirational said...

This is one of my favorite studies in one of my favorite show houses. The large mirror brings in so much light and the wing chairs look so inviting. Makes me want to curl up and read a good book!

Pearl said...

I love that rug on the last pic.
so mE!

Hi there,
So Lovely to meet you!

Great Post!
Your Blog is adorable..

I'm your newest follower.
come check me out at..
www.vintageprettypearl.blogspot.com


Pearl

Unknown said...

How beautiful! It's obvious that a talented designed put this look together...each piece is so well appointed.
Xox Alison

Karrie @ Covet Living said...

The ceiling light is crazy gorgeous!

erika @ small shop said...

So lush! So sexy!

Paloma, you are so good at what you do. Many thanks for the fab visuals.

A Casa da Vá said...

Now that is impeccable! Such a chic room but at the same time functional - that is just perfect!