photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Restoration Hardware: Baby & Child Gallery

BC_Store_CM_02

Restoration Hardware has made an enormous transformation and just last month, it opened its very first Baby & Child Gallery in Corte Madera, California. The Gallery is a retail space meant to change the way in which consumers view children’s rooms and nurseries. The Baby & Child Collection is presented in installations throughout the gallery. Restoration Hardware’s Chairman and Co-CEO says "we are expressing our own unique and authentic point of view throughout every detail in the gallery. From the classic and perfectly proportioned Palladian architectural elements and the timeless high quality finishes like hand-troweled Venetian plaster, to the harmony created between the relationships of the furniture and architecture; from the sophisticated arrangements of furnishings and decor, to the juxtaposition of artifacts and artwork that create an atmosphere of fantasy and intrigue; this is unlike any presentation of children’s furnishings in the world." I personally love the nod to classic French and Belgian designs that is found throughout this collection. While I generally love a “young traditional” or eclectic look in design, I don’t think there is anything sweeter out there than French style furniture for a child, especially a little girl. I was blown away the last time I visited Restoration Hardware and from the look of it, The Baby & Child Gallery is even more stunning.

BC_Store_CM_03

{This looks so serene and peaceful, not to mention timeless and elegant.}

BC_Store_CM_04

{I would have LOVED this room as a little girl. I love the play on scale as well as the feminine, French look.}

BC_Store_CM_05

{This room feels strong and masculine, but more importantly, it’s something that would stand the test of time. It’s completely appropriate for many ages. How great are the series of silhouette prints?}

BC_Store_CM_06

{A Very Masculine, Very Belgian-Inspired Space}

BC_Store_CM_07

{Many Unique Elements for a Boys’ Room}

BC_Store_CM_09

{The Beautiful Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Gallery in Corte Madera, California}

25 comments:

paperjunk-lc said...

I usually like neutral colors but all that gray for a nursery seems very cool to me. No warmth at all.

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Dying over all of those... Gorgeous and so soothing! I don't have kids yet, so maybe I will start a "Restoration" fund... :)

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I love that they have added a "baby and child" section to their line. I have already suggested a storage caddy that they carry, for a client!

Maryam said...

SUCH BEAUTIFUL ROOMS!!!

XOXO, Maryam

http://athomewithmaryam.blogspot.com

Claudia Fabiana said...

I agree with paperjunk, they need a bit of color for kids. The designs are beautiful, though.

ciao from Newport Beach

This Little Nest said...

Very pretty! But, in what world do crystal floor lamps survive in a nursery?

Mica Perez Cataletto said...

beautiful, but would be very hard to keep clean I think. Babies kind of thrive on how many messes they can leave in their wake!

Unknown said...

These are some of the most beautiful baby spaces I think I have ever seen. Great post!
Natasha
http://www.lovedesignbarbados.blogspot.com

tina / half of what I say said...

We did our daughter's room in Restoration Hardware Kids. My favourite piece was the French Wing Headboard. We didn't love the linen it came in though, so we had it reupholstered in a dark grey velvet. I would love it for our bedroom!

The enchanted home said...

I want to be six again!!!! WOW this space is spellbindingly beautiful. LOVE IT!

designchic said...

Beautiful neutral spaces...and I especially love the accessories!!

Soulful Mama said...

Wow!!!! I'm saving these for future reference!

~ Clare x

Karena said...

Very forward design and marketing.

I would like to see some punches of color. They are almost going too Belgian inspired. (as much as I love it)

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kiki Gray said...

I love the simplicity and the elegant style. This is definitely an inspiration for my future children :P

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

Oh em gee. These are gorgeous. I like the tufted room the most if only the wood was mohogany or white. I don't care for the stain but other than that it's all very gorgeous and grand.

The Kramer Angle said...

At almost 50 I'd love to live in any of those rooms! I especially love the crystal chandeliers! Gorgeous!

Gail

Anonymous said...

yes it's beautiful, but who is it for? certainly not a baby, not children. can you imagine crawling around on that rug? and no color? babies need bright color for development. yawn, yawn is what i think of restoration hardware these days. kerry

DolceDreams said...

Restoration Hardware does it again! i just love everything they do ~ Fabulous!
A new follower,
Nathalie

DolceDreams said...

Restoration Hardware does it agin ~ LOVE everything they do! Thank you for sharing these amazing rooms!
A new follower,
Nathalie

Anne said...

Absolutely love it thank you for this great post. Couldn't get enough of it! Anne

HP Laptop Batteries said...

wow!i Love this kind of decoration! So beautiful!

henriette von Stockhausen said...

Absolutely love their things, shame you cant get them in the uk!! agree though that the kids stuff could do with a bit more colour but could just paint the walls a colour to offset the white. thanks for this great post, really enjoyed it!

schulmanart said...

beautiful--but very austere and symmetrical.
Would love to funk it up with some colorful ARTWORK!

Anonymous said...

LOVE ALL OF IT! Gorgeous & so inspiring! I love the beautiful elements and clean looks. So very pretty!!

SEO Company said...

It;s really inspiration. I am very love to attractive look. It's really pretty.