photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dream Home: Hello, Splendor and Pulp Design Studios

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful fourth of July. Today, the lovely and talented Beth Dotolo is here sharing her “Dream Home” with us. You may know her from her inspiring blog, Hello, Splendor or perhaps you’re familiar with her beautiful design work through Pulp Design Studios. Enjoy!

hello splendor, pulp design studios Hello La Dolce Vita readers! I'm Beth Dotolo, author of Hello, Splendor & Principal Interior Designer of Pulp Design Studios. I was thrilled when Paloma asked me to be a part of her series. Firstly, because I am a long time fan of her blog. But, secondly, because I'm a practicing interior designer. I am always designing other people's dream homes and hardly ever get asked what my dream home would look like. When I had to think about the kind of home I loved, I had to reflect on my style. Being a designer I always thought that my tastes were constantly changing because I was exposed to so many different looks... Finally, I realized that my tastes aren't necessarily changing, I'm just painfully eclectic. So, here is my dream home. Colorful, dramatic, warm, and painfully eclectic... The exterior of my home would be modern, but warm. I need a clean architectural palette to showcase my many loves. My dream kitchen would be clean and open. There's nothing like cooking and carrying on great conversation. Minus the lack of a television, this would be my dream living room. A collection of all the things I love and own... from my travels to things I found when my shopping for clients. It's bursting with personality! Most of my reading is done on my kindle for iPhone, so my study would just be a place to curl up to a good read. Just about the only books I'd have on display would be the coffee table books. My study would be full of color and excitement to let my imagination run wild. I hardly ever eat in my dining room, so this dining/kitchen combo would be a perfect solution for my dream home. I would just ditch the formality and make for a more organic dinner party where my dinner guests could talk and enjoy their time with the host. My breakfast area would be small and open. I could absolutely see myself drinking a cup of coffee and tweeting in the mornings at this gorgeous carrera marble table. My dream master bedroom would be high on drama and seriously luxe. Dark bedrooms have always been a signature of mine. It's the perfect place for a little passion and drama. but, the dark colors are also incredibly soothing. I love how this closet incorporates art and custom storage for clothing. At times, when getting dressed you have to be at your most creative. So, I wouldn't stop short of the closet when it comes to design. pulp design studios This master bath comes from one of my clients at Pulp Design Studios. Carerra is one of my favorite choices and the wet area spa enclosure for the shower and tub is amazing. You can't see it, but this bathroom even has a television. Forget the rest of the house, I could just live in this bathroom! How great is this guest bedroom? It's perfectly colorful and warm to make guest feel welcome. And, the size of the beds allow for sleeping up to four people. Just cleverly stunning! I love this little bathroom with a garden tub. When my guests visit, I want them to feel comfortable and at home. This quirky little space does just that. Thanks again for having me and sharing your readers, Paloma! I hope you'll come visit my blog Hello, Splendor and see my interior design work on Pulp Design Studios. My hope is that you'll be inspired and want to connect... Have a fabulous day!!

13 comments:

the modern sybarite ™ said...

The Pulp Design Bathroom is to die for!!!! Get me one :-)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

love Beth, she has a lovely style and I love how eclectic and sophisticated she is!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Pulp Design bathroom - AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Me too please- this home is fabulous!! I love that flame stitch hooded chair like crazy and the blue velvet for that matter. Gorgeous!

katiedid said...

Great images! Thanks for the intro!

Unknown said...

Love that shower/bathing room! Great art and a bold, eclectic look. I love it.

I'm doing a giveaway on my blog. A fabulous 8'round Flokati!

www.designinthewoods.blogspot.com

Tabby said...

I have been dying for a dramatic tufted bed like the one in your dark bedroom. Any suggestions on where to find one?

http://style-finder.blogspot.com/

Barbara@HausDesign said...

What a fun combination of things - I can relate to the eclectic leanings so I loved this! I loved the art in that amazing dressing area - how true that we need to be inspired when we dress too! Great post.

http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

Erika Ward said...

Yum! I'm always interested in what Beth comes up with. Love her innovative style and eclectic taste. Never cookie cutter or carbon copied! Enchanting post!

quintessence said...

Fun modern design! Love the guest bedroom!!

Lisa Ferguson said...

Beth! I want to move right in. Love the edginess of all the design choices!

Wendy said...

I'm liking the artwork throughout... especially the oversized pair in the familyroom / den.

david miller said...

OMG! This is fantastic. I was searching inspiration for my new bathroom and came upon this baby. I am in awe. I love the owl motif.