photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, July 29, 2011

Fabulous Room Friday 07.28.11

Today’s Fabulous Room isn’t quite complete, but that is what I love about it. I find this image incredibly intriguing. Every last detail in this space is absolutely gorgeous, from the stunning herringbone floors and the beautiful mouldings to the floor-to ceiling window and the fabulous carrera marble island. If it were not for the sink in the island, I would have thought this room served as a study, a dining room or even a living room. I am incredibly intrigued not only by the sheer beauty of this room, but I can’t help but wonder how it functions as a kitchen. Where do the cabinetry and appliances fit into the equation? I just wish I could find images of the rest of the room. I found this image via House and Home which linked back to photographer, Magnus Marding’s site. It turns out, the home is an historic British estate belonging to none other than Ilse Crawford.

It appears that the expansive room is divided into the kitchen and the dining room featured above. Unfortunately, I still don’t have a definitive answer as far as the cabinets and appliances are concerned, but my guess is they may be lined up against the wall on the left. Either way, the space is positively gorgeous!

15 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Wow! How unique, Paloma! The floors and crow moldings are the most amazing features here for me. I probably would get tired of the brown walls, but I'd love it for a while. Something different.

Thanks for this inspiration today.


xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Beautiful :) I'm loving the different colored chairs and how they bring life into the gray room... Can't wait to see what the room will look like when it's finished

www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

Wives said...

arent those chairs fun against that wallcolor!

Megan Abigail Chandler said...

that island is insane!!! Love it!

Amanda said...

oh wow! Totally crushing on that mirror above the fireplace!

Anonymous said...

T Magazine actually did an article about this house though there are not that many more pictures (http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/family-style/).

Jami - XOimagine said...

I know, I saw this one and I was like, "hmmmm...do I like this, or not?" I love the wall color and the trim! Would love to see it when it's complete!

XO - Jami
i m a g i n e

Lily said...

So gorgeous...the floors & the island ! I would love to see more too !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Tamara, Bella Boho said...

The grey walls are gorgeous! Pure saturated color!

Design Candy said...

Wow! Where to begin? The brown walls, crown moulding, gorgeous light fixtures or that herringbone patterned flooring? And that collection of colorful chairs...so unique! Love it, good find!

Katarzyna Zuzanna said...

amazing xx

http://balletme.blogspot.com/

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Stunning post! The color of the walls is amazing!
And the floors gorgeous
Have a wonderful weekend
Jamie Herzlinger

Meg Little XO said...

The moldings and the colored chairs are to die for!

Maja K said...

This is gorgeous, I love how modernism is added to this old classic room. Pretty! :)

xoxo
http://randomgirl-ishstuff.blogspot.com/

Claudia Juestel said...

Yummy color combo! The chairs look like M&Ms against the chocolate wall.

Cheers,

Claudia