photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, October 23, 2009

Fabulous Room Friday 10.23.09

P1040751

This week’s fabulous room is a bedroom space designed by Suzanne Kasler for Hickory Chair. If you read yesterday’s High Point Recap No. 2, then you had a chance to see both of the other spaces designed by Suzanne for Hickory Chair’s showroom. The first space we visited was the chic and sumptuous orange room followed by the feminine and glamorous blue room. I was completely smitten by both, but when I reached the final room featured in today’s post, “I literally died” as Rachel Zoe would say.

P1040761

In a slightly delusional moment, I felt as if the room had been designed especially for me. I connected with it on so many levels. Some may think it’s silly to think that one could connect with a room, but I know my fellow design lovers understand what I mean. I love the creamy grey color of the walls and the neutral furniture. Yes, I usually tend to like colors and patterns, but I like for my bedroom to feel like a sanctuary. Again, the perfect balance of masculine and feminine is achieved, which is certainly a plus when you share your bedroom with your husband. I don’t know any man who wants to sleep in a super chintzy, ruffley bedroom and most women don’t want to sleep in a sea of tartan plaid and duck decoys a la Trey MacDougal from Sex and the City. There are so many details that suit my personality. The lighting, the artwork, the nods to travel through the use of Paris and London-themed objects.

P1040752 A different incarnation of the same gorgeous cabinet we saw yesterday. No matter which hardware and finish one chooses, I truly believe this piece is a timeless classic.

P1040754

I love that you have a great mix of textures and fabrics in this room. It all feels very soft and inviting. The masculine, trunk-like details of the desk and vintage typewriter add a charming touch.

P1040755

Ever since our trip to London last month, I am obsessed with anything having to do with the city, so of course my pulse started to race a little when I saw this poster. I know my husband would absolutely love it. Again, Suzanne achieves such a great balance in this room. You have the vintage print and its edgy vibe right next to a luxurious chaise and it works so perfectly.

P1040760  Beautiful Details

I would love to curl up on the chaise and pour over Suzanne’s new book, Inspired Interiors.

P1040757 I adore the vintage, polished industrial look of this shelf. I think it is a great idea to use an open shelf like this in place of a traditional nightstand. Think of all the storage space for books and magazines!

P1040758

The dark stain on these dressers provides a beautiful contrast to the rest of the furniture in the room. Of course, I love the glamorous touch the dupioni silk drapes add.

P1040756

   Another lovely chaise, this time in a gorgeous leather. The little leopard pillow adds just enough interest and pattern.  Does anyone know who the prints on the wall are by? I love them.

P1040759

I fell in love with the Morris Lantern that Suzanne designed for Visual Comfort. I know I had seen this piece before, but something about seeing it in this context really struck a chord with me. I’m kind of obsessed with it now and would love it for my breakfast room.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the desk that is at the foot of the bed. Looks like you had a fabulous time! I am jealous!

###### said...

beautiful photos..i love the clean look.

Ainosofia said...

Vau, so big bedroom!

My one is so little.

Thanks for your photos.
They are Greats <3

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

I just died.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Fun, fun! Thanks for all the beautiful eye candy. Especially since I lost of my inspiration files when laptop decided it had enough of me!

Ah I never backed them up!!! Totally upset!

Averill said...

Gorgeous room, indeed. I agree with you on wanting a more neutral/calm palette for my bedroom. I'm usually all for bold colors and prints, but I always prefer a bedroom with darker walls, white linens, and minimal pattern.

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Everything about it is absolutely perfect! So my style. If it's this beautiful in picture, I can only IMAGINE how amazing it was to actually be IN it!

Happy Friday,
Crystal

Unknown said...

I love, love {love!} that London poster. I lived there in 2007-2008 + would love to know where it's from {or where I might find something similar!}

P.S. I just love this {new-to-me} blog. What a stunner!

Cheers.

Southern Aspirations said...

I LOVE her work. Thanks so much for showing!!

Carolyn said...

Those prints are the first thing I noticed...I love them too. Are they pieces of ribbon? They are wondey!

My Galveston Cottage said...

Suzanne Kasler, I think, is speaking at the Denver Design Center. Too bad I won't be able to attend. Sounds like High Point was great. I've gone only once--about 6 years ago as a reporter. I'd love to do it again. They usually have a nice speaker roundup. cheers -s

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

Fabulous! I so admire Suzanne Kassler- her style is incredible! Such talent!

xx

Michelle

Caroline said...

I love how they used mirrors to create the look of windows, that would be a great idea for a basement.

tracizeller said...

Hey, Paloma! So sorry we didn't get a chance to chat at the Hickory Chair breakfast. The prints you like are actually part of the Suzanne Kasler collection for Soicher Marin - so check them out! For you and Her Name Was Lola, the London poster is also from Soicher Marin, although I don't think that is part of Suzanne's collection. Not sure about that, though. Enjoy!
Traci
www.tracizeller.com/blog

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy,

I wish we would have had a chance to chat at the breakfast. Maybe next time! Thanks for the info on the prints.

xo,
Paloma

Sarah said...

I at first thought the prints were cuts of paint shades like you'd get at Home Depot. I like them too - maybe I'll make a free custom version of them. :)