photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, January 2, 2009

Point + Shoot


Phil Poynter's photography nearly leaves me at a loss for words, so I'll make this short and sweet. Rather than inspire words, it evokes emotions. While some of his work is incredibly glossy and glamorous, almost theatrical, and the rest is raw and chock full of emotion. His work resonates with me because I want to make it a point to really feel alive this year. There are days when we literally just go through the motions without feeling much or experiencing anything new and before we know it, it's time for bed, time to repeat the cycle. It is evident that Poynter isn't afraid to turn the volume up, way up and I'm hoping to see that through in my own life this year.

I hope your first weekend of 2009 is as lovely as Poynter's photographs.











Benicio del Toro

John Hurt

Sir Ian McKellen

Jim Sturgess


All Images via Phil Poynter Photography

11 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

These photos are yummy, I love them.

Topsy Turvy said...

Wonderful - I especially like the portraits!

-Lana

Anonymous said...

These pictures are fantastic!

Haven and Home said...

Oh I love these pictures. Thanks for showing us his work!

BTW- did these pictures make anyone else feel like it was time to get a manicure?- It could be just me...

Nicki's Notebook said...

I had never heard of this photographer before , but his images are fantastic! Thanks for sharing! x

Kelley, Sailing Chance said...

Can you buy his prints anywhere?

Kristan said...

Here via decor8, and I LOVE that picture with the different stockings!

Lauren said...

WOW. love them.

Waterrose said...

What an exciting collection! Love the girly legs with old shoes.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just found your blog via Decor8, and I am enthralled. LOVE these photographs.

Gold Coast Hotels said...

Awesome photos! Love them so much!