photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, January 23, 2009

Jet Set: Paris for Fashion Week

The Westin Paris

Fashion Week is officially here! I will be featuring the most fashionable destinations over the next few weeks through my Jet Set series. Paris is first on the list now that the Men's Fashion and Haute Couture shows are under way.

We usually choose stylish boutique hotels over large chain hotels, but there is no denying that it would be hard to top the Westin Paris. Located in the First Arrondissement, the Westin Paris is literally steps away from The Tuileries, The Louvre, the Rue du Faubourg Saint Honore shopping district, as well as the Place Vendôme and Place de la Concorde. The hotel also happens to have spectacular views of The Eiffel Tower. It is quite literally an ideal location.

The Westin Paris combines the classic elegance and grandeur of the Sybille de Margerie building in which it is housed with a more modern sensibility that can be found in its furnishings. The result is ideal for someone like myself, the traveler who enjoys marveling at the stunning architecture of the past, but enjoys chic and modern accommodations.

A Stylish Junior Suite with Breathtaking Views


I love the palette that was chosen for this hotel. The soothing grey tone of the walls works wonderfully with the crisp white linens and hints of color.


I think it would take me even longer to get ready in the morning if I had this view outside my window!

A Stylish Deluxe Room

This Superior Room is the least extravagant of the rooms offered at the Westin Paris, but still looks like a great place to rest after wandering through the City of Light all day.

The Sitting Area in a Regular Suite

Royal Suite
I love the gold leaf against the grey walls. And the gorgeous windows and doors typical of Parisian architecture are also quite lovely.


The Lavish Presidential Suite

The ballrooms in the Westin Paris illustrate the grandeur of the building.

Another Opulent Ballroom

A More Detailed View of the Ornate Salon Imperial

Le First, the Westin's restaurant was designed by Jacques Garcia.

The Swanky Tuileries Bar

When the weather permits, guests can enjoy La Terrasse.

An aerial view of La Terrasse


All images via The Westin Paris

10 comments:

Carrie said...

Book me a stay pretty please! Beautifu!!!

Unknown said...

I sooo wish I could be there! Paris me manque!

paula said...

i just came across your blog and i love it! i have been swooning over so many of your posts. happy to meet you.

bridechic said...

How I envy you going to Paris. Great images. Wonderful to read your blog--very uplifting!

Maria Killam said...

Stunning photos! Love that bathroom and the feeling of the La Terrasse! The ballrooms, you can only see spaces like that in Europe! Great post!

Stephanie said...

This hotel is so perfectly located. I must have passed by it a lot when I was there but never noticed it. The views are amazing and a fluffy heavenly bed doesn't hurt either. Lovely.

Unknown said...

Stephanie, I totally agree. My husband and I didn't stay at the Westin when we were in Paris two years ago, but I remember walking past it numerous times. It really is an ideal location.

Haven and Home said...

Wow, that hotel is amazing, I don't even know where to begin. The views, the sitting room, ugh, when can I go!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST!

Lauren said...

Wow. Westin's are always our favorites, but this one is just insane. It looks so amazing & have been craving Paris lately. I seriously feel a longing after reading your post. great one.
xoxo