photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bright Idea

kkY-not

I received the latest issue of House Beautiful in the mail last night. This month's issue features, kaarsKoker, A Seattle-based company founded by April Pride Allison. The idea is absolutely brilliant! After ordering tons of light fixtures for her clients, Allison grew disillusioned by the cheap plastic sleeves that often come with certain types of light fixtures and decided to do something about it. In September of 2008, she launched kaarsKoker, which means "candle sleeve" in Dutch. Her collection features a broad spectrum of chic patterns and solid colors in 4 inch and 6 inch lengths. As if that were not enough, they are affordable, too ranging from $12 to $23 per pair.


kkClover

kkCone


kkY-Not

kkMarble/Feather


kkSkull

kkClover

All images via kaarsKoker

11 comments:

Mary said...

OH MY - these are going to be like Post-its - like "why didn't I think of that?" !! Brilliant.
Thank you for the news.

Things That Inspire said...

Wow - I just had a new chandelier installed, and was dismayed by the horrible candle sleeves. This is a brilliant idea, thanks for posting on it!

As a side note, I ordered some sconces from Julie Neill, and the candle sleeves were absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

Seriously, Mary! My husband is in the lighting business and we were both like, "why didn't we think of this sooner?!" when we saw them last night. It's ingenious, yet so simple.

Thanks for visiting! :)

Anonymous said...

I need those. Like need. The top ones look like my Goyard bag.

Mica Perez Cataletto said...

Beautiful. Brilliant. Necessary.

Mica Perez Cataletto said...

OK, THIS is what is meant by cheap & chic. Love!

muranogirl said...

Klever!

Unknown said...

these are awesome...thank you for sharing!!

Adriene Rathbun said...

Thank you for sharing this fab idea. I was JUST looking at the sleeves on the sconces throughout my living, dining, den and entry way thinking, "hmm I bet those have NEVER been replaced and they sure are ugly." I will be visiting that site right away. Thanks for the awesome idea!

Unknown said...

I'm obsessed with these!!! Great colors and patterns. Thanks for sharing...Ryan

BethanyJoy said...

I love these too...did you also see the cookbook by the Houston Junior League featured? Very nice to have some hometown style included!