photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Favorite Room: Lauren Liess of Pure Style Home

Hi everyone!  This is Lauren from Pure Style Home.  I'm so excited to be a part of Paloma's My Favorite Room Series!  My favorite room is probably my bedroom.  Like most of us, I love getting in bed.  When we first moved into our house, my bedroom was lined in faux wood paneling and it was a bit dark:


I really craved a white bedroom.  There's something so relaxing about a white bedroom to me and I never tire of having one.  So... the paneling got the white treatment:   

(That's my pup, Ashby, in my spot!! ;) ;)

I added a vintage crystal waterfall chandelier and kept the room really simple.  The wall-to-wall builder grade carpet was replaced with wall-to-wall sea grass which I love the feel of.  I layered a hide on the seagrass for a bit of interest and edge.

The vintage mirror (below) is really special to me.  It was one of the first things my husband and I found for our new house.  I love looking at the swirls and seeing shapes in them.


{owls anyone??}

I hung my jewelry on nails for easy access and more importantly, so I can enjoy my things even when I'm not wearing them:


Here's a picture of my nightstand, below, which is actually a dresser.  (The room isn't big enough for a large dresser so we went with two small dressers as our nightstands.)  On it, I've put my vintage Chinese ginger jar lamp, which I found at a flea market and am crazy about.  My grandmother's always had these lamps and I loved them growing up.  Thankfully, she's still alive and is using them all, so I decided I needed my own.


I hung the old convex mirror about the more modern dresser for a bit of juxtaposition.  I found the Gustavian chair years ago at a flea market and my husband found the brass bed (just the headboard!! ;) ;) on the side of the road just after we moved in!!!


Because I'm always working with colors and fabrics as a part of my job, am constantly switching up things in my own home for fun, and am crazy-busy like most people, my tone on tone bedroom has become my refuge.  I just see white and I can sort of clear my mind and let go of everything when I'm in there, which is exactly what I need.  

I really I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my favorite room and thank you so much to Paloma for inviting me over to La Dolce Vita!!

~Lauren

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow it's amazing how much lighter your room looks, great styling!

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

I have been telling people to simply paint over wood paneling for the longest. This is a prime example of it working. It's barely noticeable and such a fresh cozy space. Love the bedding.

thefarmfiles said...

Great score on the bed. I love the story behind the pieces. It is a gorgeous room.

Dawna Jones Design said...

It never ever ceases to amaze me what a can of paint can do! Design trick #1 Your bedroom is stunning!

Hannah said...

I love the jewelry on nails. I did that in college but I have been keeping everything in my jewelry box. I think it might be time to break it all out.

EDYTA & CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

I love Lauren & I love the peacefull feeling of her previous bedroom as well. A white bedroom does sure exude much needed relaxation.

Happy Spring!

xo
Edyta
www.edytaandco.com/blog/

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Just lovely...can't wait to see her new bedroom.

Kristen said...

so obsessed with an all white room! And that headboard?! OMG I'd pay a pretty penny for that! Lucky lady.

Kelly Christine said...

All white can go wrong so fast but this space feels serene and inviting. I just love it!

mikky said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful and perfect for sleeping, it looks so relaxing. Your pup is a cutie!

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

stephanie said...

Love the feel of this room. thanks for sharing! White done right!

Unknown said...

Love it! and follow you both! Great room Lauren- can't wait to see your new MBR!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Love Lauren's style! Always so calm and soothing. Big props to Lauren's husband for the brass headboard find!

Sean Riker said...

The guide books really help to opt a good design in furniture.That is good idea for furniture purchasing.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Love the fern! It looks great in the space (along with everything else of course) Dunno why i'm so struck by a plant?!

Preciously Me said...

Love it! It's amazing to see the before / after!!!
This room is so serene now and it love the white with brass accent ♥

Unknown said...

Her bedroom is my favorite! Love it! I am currently remodiling ours a bit to look more like this..we bought those bedside tables and LOVE them! Great for more storage! Have a great day!
brooke

onprairiehill.blogspot.com

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Paloma- One of my favorite bedrooms! Lauren's style is wonderful. How can anyone not love brass when they see that room!

Loretta

miss flibbertigibbet said...

It looks SO relaxing and pretty! How lucky to find that headboard! Your husband is a good guy to pick that up!