photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Favorite Room: Camille Styles

Camille Styles NurseryGreetings, LDV friends! Camille Styles here, feeling a little sentimental as I share my very favorite room in our home. My daughter Phoebe turns 6 months this week, and it seems like yesterday that I was pregnant and carefully planning every detail of her nursery. I wanted to make it a peaceful sanctuary where we could both escape from the rest of the world to read, play - and hopefully one that would encourage long sleep-filled nights! Since the rest of our house is pretty neutral in shades of taupe, cream and chocolate, I wanted her room to feel like an extension, albeit one with some playful, whimsical details. Many of the pieces are from Serena & Lily, including her soft flokati rug, bohemian-style chandelier and classic glider where we spend lots of time, and I tried to bring in lots of rich texture to warm up the minimal palette. Take a peek inside my inspiration-gathering process here. Camille Styles Nursery Camille Styles Nursery I knew we needed a functional area for changing lots of diapers, and I loved how this changing table from Restoration Hardware still brings in the graceful curves and french-inspired design of a beautiful piece of furniture. When Phoebe's a little older, I think it'll transition great to a little armoire for storing clothes and toys.Camille Styles Nursery Camille Styles NurseryWe filled her bookshelf with lots of editions of childhood favorites (love the penguin classics illustrated by coralie bickford-smith), as well as a handful of family photos and several baskets for hiding toys. Camille Styles NurseryI'm so thrilled with how the room came together, and I know it won't be long until Phoebe is crawling all over the rug and pulling toys off the shelves. I know it's going to fly by way too quickly...but I love that when we're in this peaceful, quiet room, time seems to stand still.  

5 comments:

Faceitcatalog said...

Absolutely in love with this. So adorable but not too much so.

Amber
FACE IT Catalog

Faceitcatalog said...

I love this. So adorable but not too much so.

Amber
FACE IT Catalog

celesteandpearl.blogspot.com said...

This room is so, so stunning! The white is so serene and I love how Camille too photos of herself (in white too!) before the baby was born! Must remember to do this! Thanks for sharing, Paloma! xx Liz {celesteandpearl.blogspot.com}

Anonymous said...

I mean.....it's perfect!!! I love the all white look!!! And those little dresses. Adorable!!!!! xo

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

she's so beautiful! and her nursery is a dream :)