photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, March 8, 2013

Fabulous Room Friday 03.08.13

image

I have sunshine on the brain lately! Not only has the weather been gorgeous here in Houston the past couple of days, but on Monday, Fabian and I will be heading to the land of sunshine—Los Angeles, for a fun little getaway. When I’m in L.A., I spend a ton of time outdoors, so I thought it would be rather fitting to feature one of the most beautiful outdoor spaces I’ve seen as this week’s fabulous room. This stunning courtyard and garden is part of my dear friend, Mark Sikes’ West Hollywood home. Isn’t it just gorgeous? It’s like something out of a Nancy Meyers movie. I can just picture Meryl Streep or Diane Keaton delivering a fabulous scene in this setting. I haven’t seen Mark in several months, so I am super excited to hang out while in L.A. and to see his beautiful home in person. Have a wonderful weekend!

image

image

image

{Images via Mark D. Sikes}

15 comments:

Unknown said...

What could be better than an outdoor room! Love these photos!

-Kelly @ Olive Lane

martinealison said...

C'est vraiment un cadre idyllique que celui de vos photos.

Je vous souhaite une journée de la femme joyeuse et pétillante, gros bisous.

Anonymous said...

Hello Paloma, I have been reading your blog for quite sometime now, and i must say i love it. I came across Mark Sikes through reading one of his contributing articles in your blog. I have been hooked to him and his blog ever since. Please do a post on his home. His out door space is spectacular. His sense of style is sensational. i just love him.He is amazing. Please let me see his home.

The enchanted home said...

SO beautiful..that first picture sends my senses into overdrive. SO want spring weather to arrive!

Natalie Smyth said...

That outdoor space looks amazing, especially when it is so snowy and cold outside here in New York!

great photos!

www.flockingowls.blogspot.com

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a perfect outdoor space to dine or recline.
Brenda

mikky said...

So gorgeous! I wish I were there having a nice barbq. Can't wait for summer!

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Whatisinmyworld.com said...

I would also like to see the indoors of Marks house. I wonder if it also looks like it could be in a Nancy Meyer movie. Great post.

Unknown said...

I saw that courtyard in a shelter mag last year and have been in love with it ever since.

Arianna Belle said...

Wow his outdoor space is absolutely GORGEOUS! Saving this to my dream home file for sure. Hope you have a relaxing fun vacation - you deserve it! I'm picking my family up from LAX on Monday, maybe we'll pump into each other!

Anonymous said...

Love the fountain. Gorgeous!

Charulie said...

I love this!

Golden Dreamland said...

Agreed, Mark's house is amazing. I loved the feature in House Beautiful. His black bathroom is perfection!

Ellie said...

Wow that is stunning!

Lee said...

Wow! that is absolutely stunning. I am at the moment re-thinking our small back yard and looking at possibly getting rid of our dried up dead grass from this summers drought in New Zealand and laying down some lovely limestone pavers and creating something very much like this with lots of box hedging and clipped buxus. These images are truly inspiring.

Have a great time in LA.

Lee