photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Favorite Room: Bryn Alexandra

Hi! My name is Bryn from Bryn Alexandra Interiors and I am so honored to be a part of Paloma's "My Favorite Room" series.

My favorite room in our home is definitely our living room, or as my husband and I jokingly call it, the "sitting room". One of the main reasons I love this room so much is because it is filled with pieces that are sentimental to me and pieces that I've fallen in love with and collected over the years.

 
Another big reason I love this room is because it gets the most beautiful natural light. One of my favorite things to do is relax in this room on a Sunday afternoon reading magazines in the sunlight (although it doesn't happen nearly as much as I would like!)
 

 
In the picture above, you can see the seascape painting above the sofa and the antique wooden cabinet. The seascape painting was originally purchased by my grandmother and the cabinet was originally owned by my husband's great-grandfather.  I love having pieces in our home that have been in our family for generations, they are really special to us.
 
 
This room was never "decorated".. meaning I just started bringing in things that I loved and over the years the space has come together.
 
 
We have a large magnolia tree in our front yard that I really love and a couple years ago I started cutting the low branches and displaying them in this room. Now they are a staple, the room feels naked without them!
 
 
And one last reason why I love this room so much.. our cat and our dog sit in this front room while we are away and we always see their sweet faces in the window greeting us when we come home.
 

Now if only the tan cat would sit on the tan sofa, and the black dog on the black chair! ;)


Thank you so much for having me, Paloma! It was a pleasure! 

14 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

I don't think I've seen this updated version of Bryn's room before. I love it so much! Every detail is so perfect yet I could totally see having a glass of wine and hanging out in this room. Because clearly she and I would be friends in real life if we lived in the same state. Clearly.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous room! I love that moody painting, and that amazing acrylic lamp!

Over The Moon

nelya said...

So, so, SO lovely. I'm inspired by the magnolia branches. I have a tree just outside my front porch...heading out there with scissors right now. Thanks for sharing this beautiful space, ladies.

Lorraine Robain said...

Hi Bryn, thanks for sharing your very livable living room. I love the touch of using a cutting from your magnolia tree as a foliage arrangement for your coffee table. I place cuttings of English Ivy in a vase in my well-lit bathroom in late fall. They root and give me reliable greenery through the cold grey months of winter.

Myra said...

Inviting space. An example of putting together the things you really like having around you with wonderful results! Sweet cat.

Rachel said...

Such a peaceful room. I love the floor lamp!

Lindsay @ Hattan Home said...

Love Bryn's blog and its been fun to watch her put this room together! So fun to see it photographed so beautifully!

Lindsay
www.HattanHome.com

Kim L. said...

Such a peaceful and serene living space. I love all of the details -- especially the seascape painting.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know the paint color used in this room?

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I'm so in love with this room!

Reichel Broussard said...

Even Mr. Kitty & Char coordinate. Love it!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy Bryn's blog. Her home is lovely and I love this room. Neutral yet not the least bit boring! The touches of black throughout are my favorite!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the other comments- beautiful room, love Bryn's blog and taste, wish we lived in the same state too.
I want to find a house with this kind of natural lighting so I can curl up just like that cat!

SHERRY HART said...

Bryn has great style...very classic! Love her LR.