photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Design Under the Influence: Lindsey Adelman Chandeliers

“I like the idea of transforming a space in a dramatic way through lighting." ~ Lindsey Adelman
/
Hello, it's Erika from small shop! I'm excited today to showcase a recent fave that I'm sure you've been seeing everywhere too: lighting designer Lindsey Adelman's amazing chandeliers. Influenced by 19th century ornamentation and natural phenomenon, she and a small team create large hand blown glass and brass pieces that seem to take on a life of their own: the arms and tendrils expand out and grow organically from the center, seemingly random, quite dramatically, but with graceful purpose. The effect is extraordinary and transforms any style of room!
Studio Ilse
/
Barbara Hill
/
Steffani Aarons
/
Stephanie Waltbillig
/
Kelly Behun for Ivanka Trump
/
S.B. Long Interiors
/
Grant Gibson
/
Adelman says of her work, it's “about creating a mood and beauty, and people looking great at your dinner party.” Judging from the multiple installations here, I'd say she's spot on, wouldn't you?
And fortunately, she's created a DIY version for the rest of us: check out my post today to see how you can get the look for less! (She's kind of done her own version of "Design Under the Influence" for us!)
All images via LindseyAdelman.com except for 1 & 10

6 comments:

Capella Kincheloe Interior Design said...

These are awesome, fixtures that are wide and expansive are so necessary and yet hard to find! Really beautiful, I might have just the place to put on of these, if I can get my client on-board.

Elizabeth said...

I am obsessed with every single one of these...I am going to pin every pic. This is my fave Design Under the Influence yet!
xoxo -e (modern24seven)

Unknown said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS! They fit every single space and look fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Darci Hether New York said...

I love, love,love Lindsey Adelman fixtures! And I was lucky to have a client that loved them as much as I do and we used her fantastic Agnus light over his dining room table. You can see the image on my website under the "park avenue" tab in my portfolio.

Lorraine Robain said...

Beautiful and almost organic - evocative of molecular branched chains, fire sticks, and bunches of grapes. I especially love the chandelier in the 'Kelly Behun for Ivanka Trump' room - it's like a piece of jewellery!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I love her designs....the more I look at them the more I love them....I think its their organic quality. I'm so glad you are highlighting her DIY because it really is so generous of her to have this version. I attempted it and love it! It was actually not very difficult at all.