photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

You’re a Good Man, Goodman.

Pinned Image

{Image via Barbara Waltman Design}

When it comes to kitchen lighting, the possibilities are endless. I don’t have an island in my kitchen, so I made due by hanging an Extra Large Hicks Pendant by Thomas O’Brien over my breakfast table and I love it. Naturally, I often think about what I would do in my dream home and I always come back to the Goodman Hanging Lamp by Thomas O’Brien (available through Circa Lighting) and it seems that plenty of interior designers have done the same. The Goodman has become a favorite in the design world and has appeared in countless publications over the years including House Beautiful, Cottage Living, and Lonny. Could it be the perfect kitchen pendant? Its clean lines make for a bold piece that lends itself perfectly to all styles from traditional to modern and everything in between as seen in these beautiful kitchen images. The Goodman is available in three sizes and several finishes with the option of a metal or natural paper shade. I personally love this piece because it can read classic or modern and is a refreshing change from anything that is too traditional or industrial (yawn!). My favorite finish combination—Hand-Rubbed Antique Brass with Antique White Shade, (shown in the first few images) adds a touch of modern glamour thanks to the warm glow of the brass-lined shade. Pinned Image

{Design by Barbara Waltman |Image via the Visual Comfort Blog}

Pinned Image

{Coastal Living Showhouse |  Image via The Painted House}

Pinned Image

{Image via Rawlins Calderone Design}

Pinned Image

{Image via Woodlands Lifestyles and Homes}

Pinned Image

{Image via Christina Murphy Interiors}

Pinned Image

{Image via Melanie Turner Interiors}

image

{A Pair of Goodmans in Hand-Rubbed Antique Brass | Kitchen by Alecia Stevens}

Pinned Image

{Goodmans in Hand-Rubbed Antique Brass |Image via Christina Murphy Interiors}

Pinned Image

{Kitchen by Lake Country Builders, Image via Houzz}

 

Pinned Image

{A Trio of Goodmans in Bronze |Image via Pinterest |Original Source Unknown}

image

{Goodmans in Antique Nickel |Image via Benco Construction}

Could you see yourself using the Goodman Hanging Light in your kitchen? If so, would you opt for a metal or paper shade? Which of these delicious kitchens is your favorite?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi .. I loved these lamps!

http://fenixdesign-decoracao.blogspot.pt/

Heidi said...

Love those lights, especially over an island. That image from Christina Murphy Interiors is stellar.
Heidi
www.therusticmodernist.com

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

The brass pendant is amazing, such a timeless pieces.

XO,

Kristy
Www.idesignlove.com

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

I would absolutely use this light; it's gorgeous! I think I'd get it in metal but depends what the rest of the room is like. I'm seriously in love with all of these kitchens so it's hard to choose my fav...first one maybe?

Dawna Jones Design said...

Oh My I am in love!!!!! I will be keeping this one on file for next time!Your right about the others too YAWN!!!!

The Purse-a-holic said...

Love the first kitchen!

Confessions of a Purse-a-holic

Deana said...

These lights are fantastic! They look beautiful over the islands.

Tesoribelle.com

Unknown said...

Such a versatile pendant! Love Visual Comfort fixtures!!

www.donnaviningblog.com