photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Favorite Room: Jess Graves of The Love List

jess.graves-my.favorite.room.the.love.list-nell

Hey, everyone! This is Jess from The Love List. My favorite room, if I'm honest, is my bedroom. Yes, there are rooms in my house that are tidier (my office), more well-decorated (my dining room), but truly, my bedroom is my sanctuary. To be more specific, my side of the bedroom. The more I think about it, the more I feel like it's a metaphor for where I'm at in my life. If you could see the left side of my bed, it's not nearly as interesting. Maybe that's my sub-conscious single girl waiting for someone to claim it... or maybe it's just because I reach for stuff more on the right. Whatever the reason, so many things I love are within reach of my (unkempt) bed. The gentle touches; photos of favorite memories and people I am fond of, mementos from family and travel, an expensive candle to light on the nights I treat myself to alone time... and then, there are the "real" things. A wine bottle opener for "those" days, stationery for penning thank you notes, stacks of magazines I don't have time to read, and my Jawbone Jambox for blasting The Alabama Shakes (good day,) Father John Misty (busy day,) or Louis Armstrong (quiet night.) Mary McDonald I am not, but it's warm, inviting, filled with wafting tunes and smells like heaven. And right now? That's enough for this girl.

5 comments:

StyleBomb said...

I love the white palette with accents of navy blue! Tres chic!

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

I love it! It's so cozy but glam at the same time. Love all the hits of silver!

Deana said...

I love the vanity tray! Gorgeous room!

www.tesoribelle.com

Alexandra said...

I love it, great mix of two lovely styles; soft & comfy, and glamour!

Unknown said...

Great room!! I don't blame you...I am totally in love with my bedroom!

XOXO
Brighton Keller

www.brightontheday.com