photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lust List: September 2012

image

Over the summer, I wrote a guest post for Erika at Small Shop Studio, creating my “Lust List” for the summer, detailing the things I was most coveting at the time. We did a similar feature in the Editors’ pages of High Gloss last year and always got great feedback from our readers. It’s fun to dream, isn’t it? My “Lust Lists” typically feature a good mix of items that range from attainable to aspirational. Today, I’ll outline the things that I am currently swooning over now that summer is over and we are making the transition into the fall months. At least that’s what I’m lead to believe by my calendar. The persistent 95+ degree temperatures outside my door tell a different story.

image

In the montage featured above, I’ve focused on classic, versatile pieces that one could wear almost year-round. I always love a chic black and white outfit and really like the way in which (1)Ashley Olsen put together some basic items—a white tee, black skinnies, a black scarf, black bag, and killer black heels. She managed to make them look sophisticated and sexy all at once. This is a great transitional outfit as the weather begins to cool down. I’ve also included the (2) Chain Tassel Necklace by Rachel Zoe. I am seriously obsessed with her entire collection and this necklace is perfect in so many ways. You can easily take it from the office to a cocktail party.

Speaking of new collections, I’m also mad for all of the pieces, especially the coats in Emerson Fry’s fall collection. The (3) Wingtip Leopard Linen Coat is the perfect neutral and can read edgy or glamorous, depending on how you style it. Over the weekend, I bought the new (4) Calista Riding Boots from Tory Burch in this gorgeous Asphalt color, which will go with everything. I bought the Tory Burch Selma Riding Boots in black last year and basically lived in them because they were insanely comfortable, so I am super excited about my new pair! I am currently on the hunt for the perfect black handbag. I need something stylish and versatile; roomy, but not too big so that I’m not tempted to fill it with twenty pounds worth of stuff. I currently have my eye on this (5) Yves Saint Laurent Cabas Chyc Large Leather Tote.

image

If you’ve been reading LDV as of late, you’ve probably noticed that I’ve developed a penchant for the color blue recently. For someone who didn’t care too much for blue in the past, I can’t seem to get enough of it lately, so this second board majorly reflects that. This first look is all about timeless wardrobe staples. I love a (6) striped tee as well as the fact that this stylish girl paired hers with skinny jeans with a rolled hem, nude suede booties, and classic Ray Ban aviators. The look is effortless. I spotted this gorgeous painting,(7) “Composition” by Pierre Soulages on Pinterest and have become obsessed with the deep indigo hues he used for the piece. Isn’t it breathtaking?

I had such an amazing time in New York a few weeks ago, that in between daydreaming about going back to my happy place, L.A. soon, I am dreaming of returning to New York and experiencing the city in the fall. I wouldn’t mind staying at the (8) Jacques Grange-designed Mark Hotel, if only for the stunning bathroom. I am a sucker for good design! I love the black and white palette accented by the gorgeous turquoise vanity. While what I really need is a versatile black handbag, I love this (9) Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium Satchel in sumptuous blue suede. Also courtesy of Pinterest, I came across (10) Addison Weeks’ beautiful jewelry for the first time. I love their statement-making pieces, particularly these blue pieces layered together. I seriously want the entire collection! 

So, there you have it! These are the things I am most obsessed with for the month of September. I plan to challenge myself to put these lists together every month and hope that you’ll let me know what you are currently lusting after as well! Is there anything on my list that you’d love to have?

7 comments:

claudiaberry@gmail.com said...

that blue satchel is gorgeous! i don't have a lot of blue in my closet but that bag would rock!

Amanda said...

I am dying over all of your blue picks. I love them all!!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I LOVE that Emerson Fry coat.... I've had my eye on it for awhile. But I am right here in Houston as well, and sadly- how much use will it get?? That YSL bag is to die for.

Dawna Jones Design said...

I love your list for fall it's like you reached into my head and grabbed it it's basic but always classic and I love that,thanks for the share!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

gigi said...

I love all the lovely classic pieces here! I am wishing for every single one of course! can't wait to see these monthly posts their so much fun! gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikitchen.blogspot.com

Angie said...

The Tory boots are calling my name...

Unknown said...

OH! That YSL and PS bag have long been on my covet list...and I adore that turq necklace!


www.bstylewise.blogspot.com