photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, September 7, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 09.07.12

mrcall3

This week’s fabulous room is a beautiful living/dining space designed by my charming and talented friend, Jon Call of Mr Call Designs. Jon’s work is characterized by a modern approach to a classic, tailored American aesthetic. Using neutral palettes punctuated by a few choice colors and a mix of traditional and modern silhouettes from various periods of design,the environments created by Jon are interesting and beautifully layered. This room is no exception. I love that each space within the room is clearly defined, which actually makes it appear larger. Naturally, I love the polished masculine aesthetic as well. This room is timeless with the perfect amount of drama—see the oversized hanging shade pendant, bold mirror, and dramatic sculpture. If you follow Mr Call Designs on Facebook, then you may already know that this space was completely designed and installed in two short weeks! Amazing, right?

mrcall

{This living room is a handsome respite amid the frenetic energy of New York.}

mrcall2

{Beautiful Details}

Have a wonderful weekend!

{Images via Mr Call Designs}

9 comments:

Amanda said...

love this space- you just can't go wrong with neutrals & texture. and that artwork is amazing!!
Have a great weekend!

carolyn bradford said...

This is so beautiful! I love it!

Dawna Jones Design said...

UNBELIEVABLE!A man after my own design heart. What I love is the color of the fireplace and that it is a painted out the same color,and dont we just love the texture of sisal rugs.And I'm wondering is that a Montauk sofa? I just died!!!! Have a great weekend.
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Unknown said...

Beutiful interior! I love the how the frames are arranged, this is giving me great inspiration.

xo
Alison

heartofgoldandluxury.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful scale, love the monochromatic color scheme.
How do you watch the television???
Marie

Unknown said...

Jon Call does fabulous work. I got to hear him speak earlier this year, and it was enlightening on how he grew his business!

www.donnaviningblog.com

Unknown said...

Ahhhh....Thanks, you guys! Just checked back and saw all of the lovely comments. Really made my day. I love this project (and secretly think I might have designed it for myself). Simple, loose, masculine, textural, nothing too "perfect". It just seems like the perfect home to hang out in.

@DawnaJones The sofa is from Restoration Hardware. I love this piece. I removed the accessory pillows it comes with though, so it looks a little more tailored.

@Anonymous Yes, the TV. The client doesn't really watch tv, so he preferred it obscured. We did mount the TV on an extendable arm so that you can pull it into the room and watch it either lying on the sofa, or in the leather club chairs (which he sits in primarily). It is a bit weird though, admittedly.

@DonnaVining! I am so glad you liked the talk. I was soooo nervous!! Still growing the business. STAY TUNED!!!

Mel Pogue said...

jon call - how wonderful for a designer to not only comment, but to reply to answers! beautiful work!! the artwork... love this piece. who is it made by? I'm curious to see if they do custom pieces. thank you! :) mel pogue

Unknown said...

Hi Mel! Isn't Jon the best? I believe he mentioned that he found the image for the artwork online, printed it at the office, and had it framed. Can you believe it? It's stunning!