photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Favorite Room: Jamie Meares

Today, the fabulous Jamie Meares of I Suwannee and Furbish fame is sharing her favorite nook with us. Enjoy this little dose of Jamie’s style!

faveroom

my favorite room is actually more of a 'spot' - it's this little space under our staircase that i carved out for my desk. for years i went back and forth over what to do with this funky little spot, and one day i had a lightbulb moment, and scooted my parson desk over, and voila! it was just what the space needed - it's a cozy little nook for all of my kooky finds, pretty books, mail, sketchbooks, plants and magazines. it also gives a ton of character to our attached living room - now we have something to look at instead of an empty corner! i'll turn the monkey lamp on at night, and the space makes the whole room feel warm and lived in. i love it!

10 comments:

{Two One Nine} said...

I love the vintage Louis chair with that Floral fabric - such a great combo!

Christine & Sarah
shop219.blogspot.com

Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

I LOVE this little nook-- the color is really exciting and that pillow kills me. I love it when humor is injected into a beautifully collected space like this! Thanks so much for sharing!

abodelove.com

Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

I am loving this little collected nook! The chair is gorgeous and I love when a space has a bit of humor injected into it... that pillow is great! Thanks for sharing!

abodelove.com

Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

I love this gorgeous nook! I just love when there is a bit of humor injected into such a beautifully collected space such as this-- that pillow is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

abodelove.com

GLOSSYTIMES said...

I am still working on my office and pushing the desk all over the room...no hope....

www.glossytimes.com

GLOSSYTIMES said...

I am still working on my office and pushing my desk all over the room...no hope...

www.glossytimes.com

charmaine said...

Love Jamie Meares!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Love Jamie's nook! It's clearly such a personal space with all of the books and things she loves. And- I love that it's obviously a space she uses all the time. These are the types of spaces I really like to see. Great series Paloma!

mikky said...

How funny, I was just watching design stars this weekend and they did just this - turning a dead space into a little work area.
I love the needlepoint pillow and all the colours in this area. I`d like to see a close up of the monkey lamp you mention thought, is it in the shape of a monkey? This I have to see...it must be so cute.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Amber Steel said...

The parsons desk and that floral chair are insane. Looks like a lovely spot to work!