photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, September 10, 2012

Currently Obsessed: Grasscloth

{ A Shot from the ELLE DÉCOR Feature on Fashion Designer, Francisco Costa’s Stunning New York Apartment }

Grasscloth has been on my radar for a good while now, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since seeing it in the lobby of my hotel during a week’s stay in New York(see the last photo in this post) as well as in my boss’ office nearly everyday. Grasscloth is a great way to add both color and texture to a space. It adds instant warmth, depth, and a touch of luxury. I am dying to use grasscloth in my own home and am thinking it would look best in my foyer and my formal living room and dining room which open onto each other. Do you have grasscloth in your home? Would you recommend having it hung by a professional? What is your favorite application for grasscloth?

256564509992283881_eH7wSBla_c[1]

{Charcoal Grasscloth via Houzz}

194006696417299328_zmJ77osZ_c[1]

{I love the color of this beautiful grasscloth featured in Lonny!}

92464598568937000_lVidam3r_c[1]

{This taupe grasscloth has a thicker grain.}

69946600432920468_WDeH8l79_c[1]

{Sumptuous Chocolate Grasscloth in a Living Room by Redmond Aldrich Design}

click to view full size

{Designer Palmer Weiss opted for mocha-colored grasscloth for this dining room.}

236016836692693236_hFBCcC0p_c[1]

{Dreamy Blue-Gray Grasscloth—This reminds me of The Hamptons.}

27092035227878935_NNVMpnDR_c[1]

{Gorgeous Aqua Grasscloth in a Space by Diane Bergeron}

165648092513705830_LDx4rL1H_c[1]

{Diane Bergeron seems to love blue grasscloth! She used it again in a darker hue in this gorgeous living room.}

237705686552253085_pPigDyPr_c[1]

{Navy Grasscloth with White Wainscotting is yummy!}

{Major drama, classic styling, and loads of grasscloth come together in this stunning space that I believe was designed by Steven Gambrel (correct me if I’m wrong).}

192669690278541223_K9O2QsSS_c[1]

{Angie Hranowsky selected classic cream-colored grasscloth for this hip vignette.}

192810427767820594_7FTzSEqj_c[1]

{The neutral grasscloth in this room by Melanie Turner Interiors helps to anchor the bold colors and patterns used throughout the space.}

107453141079662543_Fhu3DUaw_c[1]

{The grasscloth in this image from Pinterest looks fabulous because of the contrasting moulding!}

82331499408225198_8FwmLuw1_c[1]

{I love the idea of using grasscloth in unexpected places such as lining the back of bookcases as seen in this image by Kristen F. Davis Designs.}

36380709460129046_GQwomeTH_c[1]

{Speaking of unexpected places, check out this stunning combination: Grasscloth-Covered Ceiling + Stacked Crown Moulding via Brian Gluckstein}

{This metallic grasscloth wallcovering is out of this world!}

P1090114

{I fell in love with the color and texture of the grasscloth used on these columns during my stay at The Roger Hotel in New York.}

Houston friends, the Neiman Marcus Beauty Kick-Off Event featuring five Houston style bloggers—Beth of Houston’s Weekly Chic, Monica of Classy & Fabulous, Samantha of The Peak of Tres Chic, Bailey of Peppermint Bliss, and yours truly takes place tomorrow, Tuesday, September 11th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. We will share be sharing our top beauty picks and there will also be cocktails, demos, samples, mini-facials, a red lip station, and a braid bar. The first 250 guests will receive a bag full of beauty swag! For more details, visit Houston Tidbits. See you there!

11 comments:

Tobe | BIA said...

mmmm...yes. i have ALWAYS had a thing for grasscloth. in fact, my bedroom will be donning the charcoal variety very soon!

High Cotton Style said...

Love grass cloth!

Splendid Sass said...

Stunning post, Paloma! So happy that grasscloth is back in. Have loved it since the late 70's. Classic.
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

Preciously Me said...

I love grasscloth! I put grasscloth is my little closet because it's so warm and cosy... ♥

{Two One Nine} said...

love love love grasscloth. It looks beyond amazing on the ceiling too. hmmmm!

Christine & Sarah
shop219.blogspot.com

High Street Heaven said...

As always a lovely post. Your blog always gives me so many ideas.

http://highstreetheaven01.blogspot.co.uk/

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Grass cloth is stunning! It adds so much texture to a space and comes in amazing colors.

XO,

Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

mikky said...

These rooms looks so dreamy. Especially the one with the light grey lounger.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Dawna Jones Design said...

I have always loved grasscloth and I always will those pictures make me just love it more!!!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Karena said...

Paloma I adore both the charcoal and the Dreamy Blue/ Gray Grasscloths!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Anonymous said...

Love this and love grass cloth. I have it in my powder room and dining room and kitchen! Definitely get it hung professionally and by somebody good. This is tricky stuff and it can easily look like a handyman special without somebody who knows what they are doing. What can you tell me about the Hamptons blue bedroom. esp the wall covering and carpet. Thanks. Really enjoy the blog but not getting much work done.