photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Glamour Obsession: Statement-Making Abstract Art

{I want this exact piece hanging over my couch!  The black paint spatters are perfection!}
 
Hello Loves!!!  Vanessa Stern here from Vanessa & Valentine.  I feel like it's been forever since I last posted and this is an especially crazy week for me!  We are moving (literally a block away from where we live now in Brentwood) to a much bigger place and I have been scheming, daydreaming and planning on how I am going to decorate it.  I am completely obsessed with all things black and white (and have been forever) that I've decided I'm going to go all the way with this palette.  I'll mix in a lot of neutrals, gold accents, and faux fur textures to break up the monotony.  The ceilings are really high and there will be a ton more wall space, which got me thinking....it's time to break out my acrylic paints, brushes, and buy some canvas to stretch and get back to my painting roots.  Here are a few pieces that are completely inspiring me and pretty easy to recreate...
I love all the white with little furry accents and the contrasting bursts of black.  This piece is so simple and stunning!
I'm dying over this piece, love the circular shape and the way the paint drips just so...
Light gray walls and a bold black piece with lots of suzani prints and muted tones.  It's so lived in and so utterly stylish at the same time.
Beautiful abstract black and white with lots of yellow and green.  This room is so fun!
OMG love all this framed art with lots of gold accents and the zebra!!!
Ok, the scale of this one is killer!!!  By far, my favorite!
This room is basically the inspiration for my new place, it's just really stunning and perfect, 'nuff said!
Simple and beautiful
If I was to add a touch of color, this would be the way I'd do it!
 
Do you like all black and white interiors?
 
See you next time and show me some blog love here!!!
 
Xo,
Vanessa
 
images via Pinterest

20 comments:

Jalon Burton said...

This is an awesome post - no wonder you are one of my regular stops everyday! Beautiful images, reminds me of a half bath that I did for a client - we painted the walls and then (this is the fun part) two of us went in with two paintbrushes each and spattered the walls with black. It turned out totally amazing and boy was it fun!
Thanks for sharing and bringing up a great memory of work! Have a fantastic day.

sarah said...

Love, love, love abstract art and I adore the two that are the almost closed circle/ring. Glamorous and showstopping!

xoxo!

Shannon said...

I love abstract art...my hubs and I are in the market for one over our couch. I haven't found one that I love but seeing this post reasures me that I will find something!

www.dylandrake.blogspot.com

Lilacandgrey said...

love them all!

Virginia Country House said...

Great pictures. The glam black and white reminds me of the Ralph Lauren "Mayfair" look years ago. Loved that! Elegant and feminine.

Angela / LifeLoveLuxe said...

Absolutely divine!! I think abstract art is so elegant yet playful (much like that zebra! love!!). Gorgeous post.

www.lifeloveandluxury.com

Sketch42 said...

I love this post obviously... I absolutely love that last photo but the four extra pillows on the couch that look like they came from marshals is DESTROYING me. WHY!!??!? Would have been so chic with just the two! and its an amazing room.

Casa Très Chic said...

Beautiful images, love specially the green painting (3rd photo).
Love abstract art, it has the power to refresh a room, specially if it's traditional.
Have a nice day.
tereza

Wendy said...

I love something from every photo you have post - great picks! The first photo is my favourite though -

Minnie and Daisy said...

Wonderful pictures!! Love them!! Great inspiration and great pieces of art!! xoxo Minnie&Daisy

Lisa said...

Your inspiration room for your new place is one of my favourites, too. I love the mix of materials and styles-I would love to use the idea of the large gold mirror with the little animal print stool.

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I love all of these rooms...the art is amazing and love how these rooms have it mixed with more traditional pieces in some rooms. I especially love images 1, 4, 8 and 9. I would love to see Vanessa's recreations of any of these.
annie

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this post dahhling...

abercrombie said...

Gorgeous!I think abstract art is so elegant yet playful,Love abstract art, it has the power to refresh a room, specially if it's traditional.looking forward to all the good things your blog shares.

Brilliant Chic said...

Love your images of abstract art....each is so interesting!

Santi said...

oh my ... WOW
this post its amazing !!!!
i love all the photos !!

santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

Hena Tayeb said...

Gorgeous.. love all the pieces of art.. so full of life..

Nuha said...

this is right up my alley! we just bought our first home, and we're working with the black, white, gold color scheme. i'd love to paint my own black abstract painting :-)

MissKiss said...

I love this!!! Im yet to this this style in Australia (apart from my own of course)

Rebecca said...

Would love to find out more about the designer and artist behind the "simple and beautiful" image. Any idea of the identity of either? So perfect!

Rebecca