photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, March 2, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 03.02.12

click to view full size

I first saw part of this gorgeous living room designed by Lily Bunn a couple of years ago when she was featured on the Vogue website, but recently stumbled across it again. I still love the use of multiple patterns and the rich color palette. The furniture silhouettes are as classic as can be, but they are punched up through the use of vibrant colors and stunning ikat patterns. I love the shade of sumptuous orange velvet selected for the sofa as well. The accessories throughout the room add a modern touch—a geometric brass coffee table adds drama, while the quartz table lamps and lavender seagrass wallpaper add texture. I love it all!

Homies Topper 2.24.12.jpg

And now for a little shameless self-promotion… it’s time for Apartment Therapy’s Homies Awards and today is the last day to nominate your favorite blogs. You can vote for more than one and I would sure love it if La Dolce Vita made your list!

Have a wonderful weekend! My husband and I are off for a little weekend getaway to Los Angeles tomorrow. See you next week!

9 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Have a great weekend, Paloma! I'll be sure to vote for you. And this room is just divine- loving the purples.

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

bathroom said...

Hello
I loved this blog post, You are very talented & This website is really worth to be checking
Thank You

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

That coffee table is out of this world! Happy Friday!

Jalon Burton said...

OK - I'm looking that the photo and... I LOVE THE RUG, no wait... I LOVE THE CHAIRS, no wait... I LOVE THE MIRROR, no wait, I LOVE THE SOFA, no wait....whew, that was hard work.:) Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderfully enjoyable weekend - Jalon

Splendid Sass said...

Love the orange and purple together and the greek key rug. Busy and beautiful.
I didn't know that my name was on the ballot until last night when I went to see who was on the list, lol. Hope you did well.
Happy Saturday.
Teresa
xoxo

Staci said...

This room design has been making it's way around Pinterest lately and I fall in love with it every time I see it. Beautiful color combo and that couch is to die for! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love these purple chairs dahhling!

The Golden Girls said...

so funnn and funky!! love it <3 xx,
The Golden Girls

designchic said...

I adore this room and just bought a mirror like this - happy for a little inspiration on where to hang it!! It was a bargain on One Kings Lane...