photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, March 16, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 03.16.2012

So, I finally watched seasons 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey after seeing and hearing all of the hype surrounding the PBS drama. Now I know what everyone was talking about! I am anxiously awaiting the third season of this amazing show. The period costumes (I want some of Lady Mary’s gowns) and décor are enthralling and the juicy, dramatic happenings make the show all the more enticing!

You’re probably wondering what Downton Abbey has to do with this week’s “Fabulous Room”. When I spotted this room designed by Celerie Kemble, the formality of the fireplace brought to mind my new favorite show. Evidently, Celerie found the amazing original fireplace in a vintage shop on Palm Beach’s Dixie Highway and had it installed in this residence. The juxtaposition of the ornate, formal fireplace with modern, bold elements like the bookshelves, yellow zebra upholstery, and hot pink Moroccan pouf gives the space a rich sense of personality. It’s eclectic meets traditional with a modern twist. I love a beautifully layered room and Celerie really makes a statement by combining so many textures, rich fabrics, and interesting colors in a space that was likely once stark and extremely formal. If the Crawleys lived in modern-day New York, this might just be what their parlour or library would look like.

Have a fantastic weekend!

 

P.S. The winner of the Via Montebello Giveaway is entry #13, American Gypsy. Congratulations!

12 comments:

Jam Oblina said...

this is a fabulous space. i dream of this! :-)

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I too love rooms with layers and mixtures of textures and patterns. This room is fabulous!


XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Yes! I am halfway through Season 2 at the moment. It's become a nightly ritual that I don't know how I'm going to live without once I run through the remaining episodes. So much to love about the show- one of which are the little glimpses- often new- of the Abbey itself in each scene. It's one of those delicious layers of onion that seemed to get peeled back in every episode. Thanks for sharing this today- I'm on a grasscloth kick and the wallpaper is right up my alley.

EDYTA & CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

Absolutely love this room!! So perfectly relaxed yet so glamurous! Happy Weekend! ~Edyta

Kayla @ Your Day Simplified said...

I just wanted to say how much I look forward to Fabulous Room Friday posts; all of your posts, really! It's nice to know you'll always have something beautiful when the morning seems to drag. ;-)

Unknown said...

Erin, I totally feel the same! I wish I had more episodes to watch. I've heard the new season won't start until January 2013. :(

Kayla, your sweet comment just made my day. Thank you!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

She's a beauty Paloma! Love how collected this look feels...especially anchored by those sumptuous lavendar walls...so serene even in the midst of all the mish mash of objets!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

Lalli's taste said...

beautiful mirror and living room, so elegant and cozy.
happy week end to you too!!!
thank you

p-l-a-i-d said...

That mirror is FABULOUS! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Adore the yellow striped chairs! Always looking forward to Fabulous Room Friday...xoxo

Unknown said...

What perfection dahhhling!

Anonymous said...

I just finished watching the series too. Coming home from spring break and checking into my bloglovin account, I was instantly drawn into this room. When I read the description I had to laugh! Well done!