photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dream Home: Jessica Buckley

  Today’s “Dream Home” comes from the mind of U.K.-based, Jessica Buckley, of Jessica Buckley Interiors. Enjoy!Hello & good morning from Edinburgh! I've been reading La Dolce Vita for years now & always love reading guest posts for Paloma's infamous Dream Home series.... looking back over all the previous entries is like a hall of fame for designers and design bloggers so it's a real thrill to be part of it! So shall I show you around my dream home? Come on in.... First off, here's my dream house; a Georgian town house right in the centre of town with a fabulous front door to welcome you: The entry hall would be a taste for what's to come: classic architectural features and a stunning parquet floor, with lots of art & personal touches. I love a bench seat in a hall way too.

Everyone usually heads straight to the kitchen, so come on through & I'll make some coffee/margaritas. The banquette seating & tulip table in the window is the perfect spot to have breakfast on a morning when it's sunny & bright: Or a late night supper a deux in the evening: There's a great little butler's pantry where I stash all my favourite table linen & china: The dining room is dramatic - navy grasscloth on the walls with crisp white trims, brass light fittings, stunning dark wood floors and a silk carpet underfoot. Heaven.

Here's a look at the sitting room - I love all the great colours & the mix of modern & classic:

There's a huge gallery wall at one end of the room that looks like this:

There's a well stocked bar for when guests pop in for a drink: ...and a cute little desk near the window where I can pen all my correspondence: Here's the downstairs powder room which is lacquered lipstick-red: This is my study - the creative hub of the house! As well as a desk & chair, I have a sofa for when I want to sit back & read or a place to sit for anyone popping in to say hi & have a chat. All the bookshelves are stacked with design books and back issues of all my favourite design magazines.

Follow me up the stairs & I'll show you the bedrooms.... Here's my room. I love chinoiserie and think it's perfect for creating a pretty & feminine space. With my dream dressing room and en-suite: And here are the guest rooms. Some are formal, some are informal.... you can stay in whichever one you like best!

With awesome en-suite bathrooms in crisp black & white:

Last but not least, there's a great little garden at the back:

Thanks so much to Paloma for giving me the opportunity to show you around my dream home. If you're ever in Edinburgh then do let me know.... pop in & say hi!

14 comments:

Lolita in the Mix said...

What a lovely pictures! Very inspirational! Love the pink front door and the first kitchen an also the first shot from the walk in closet!! I'll just continue dreaming!!

Xoxo

Http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

Like Me Some said...

How fun, we love Jessica and her blog!! Once again, she chooses amazing interiors to display!

Unknown said...

Every room is so gorgeous and different! I found something I loved about each one, what a dream to be able to decorate with such color, luxe accents and freedom!
Thank you for sharing!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

That pink door! How much fun!

Really enjoyed this post.

Big hugs!


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Jalon Burton said...

Thank you so much for the introduction to another amazing blogger! What gorgeous images... I JUST LOVE THOSE KITCHENS (I have a weakness for that room for some reason?)
Thanks for sharing this and hope you enjoy the rest of your day! coco Jalon

Anonymous said...

Great post! Anyone know the lighting source for the clear glass pendants in the whit kitchen?

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love this dream house! That pink door and the bedside table+wing back chair are my favorites.

kristin said...

Gorgeous images! This is what my dream house would like too :)

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Oh honey, you had me at hot pink door! Love that entry, dying over this collected masterpiece! Such lovely details, I'd move right in!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

Anonymous said...

What a stunning home! Put us down for one each!
Rani and Stevie xx

Jacqueline @ The Pink Chandelier said...

This was my very favourite Dream Home that you have ever showcased. The bohemian collection of artwork and juicy colours make my heart sing! I'll have to swing by Jessica's blog and see what other gorgeous things she has featured.

Melissa B. Tubbs said...

Wonderful variety of wall colors, including the red in the bathroom. Love the art in every room and especially hanging salon style in three rooms. Definitely gives an energy to the rooms.

Kristen said...

I think I found my design soulmate!!

Tabby said...

I just love how this house would turn out given all of those pics. Probably the dream house everyone dreams of.