photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Color Dose: Gold

Hello, everyone! Kelly here, back with another Color Dose.  There used to be a time when I was all about silver accents in both my home decor and fashion.  Now, I can't get enough gold.  Gold can make a space feel more luxurious and glamourous, or give it character and charm depending on how it's used.  Here are a few ways to incorporate a dose of gold into your decorating.


inspiration images: left | right

SHOP:  (1) Furbish Beige and Gold Hide Rug   (2) Anthropologie Luxe Shine Wallpaper   (3) Jason Home Gold Wishbone   (4) Society Social Darlington Chair   (5) Jason Home Gold Hex Votive Holders   (6) West Elm Gold Flatwear   (7) Design Darling Rectangular Lacquer Tray - Metallic Gold   (8) Target Gold Chevron Lamp Shade (stores only)



Which item is your favorite?  Do you like to incorporate gold into your home?

14 comments:

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I feel the same way as Kelly... The silver in my home has become less & less. Right now I have touches of gold all over & still adding more. Love it!! :)))))

Jessica from Jessica Buckley Interiors said...

I really love gilt & brass touches in a home - they really stand out now that almost everyone has white metal finishings.
Lovely picks!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love that Darlington chair from Society Social! It's so cute. I also love that Furbish rug. Great choices! I am definitely a fan of gold. :)


XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Peak Rainey said...

I am with you... gold use to scare me a little but it really warms up a room. I have the Target shade on a red ceramic lamp base and it is so fabulous! I am also craving gold flatwear... amaze. Thanks for posting on this trend! I will be sure to check out your blog :)
xo
www.styledesignlife.blogspot.com

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I just purchased the rectangular lacquer tray a couple of weeks ago and I love it!

The Golden Girls said...

what a FABULOUS post! just loveee that beige and gold hide rug!

Unknown said...

I never lost my faith in gold..glad its back!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Chelsea **A Bit of Sass** said...

Beautiful post! I love the hide rug and the Society Social chair:)

Marcy said...

Love it! I just, not 1 hour ago, picked up two of the chevron lampshades at Target on clearance!!! Less than $6.00 ea. Made my day :)

p-l-a-i-d said...

Gold is fabulous! I love the Furbish beige and gold hide rug!

Edyta Diseño&Decoración said...

Me encanta la pantalla, es preciosa!!

XOXO
EDYTA

Jessica said...

The Gold Wishbone is Fantastic!

Love it all :)

Anonymous said...

I love the kitchen i
sland lighting for Flower Hill Design company dream home. Does anyone know where I could find it.

Emily Wilson said...

Love the Gold Chevron shade. Your blog is gorgeous! Love from your newest follower!