photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dream Home: Main Street Chic

Today’s “Dream Home” comes from the lovely Emily of Main Street Chic. By the way, a little birdie told me it was her birthday yesterday. Happy Belated Birthday, Emily! Enjoy, everyone!

Hello! I am so glad to have you as a guest in my humble abode. Won’t you come in?

image

image

Isn’t our entry such a great contrast to the traditional architecture of the house? I just love mixing it up like that. I hope you can see from our entry that ours isn’t a stuffy house- we are all about fun here!

image

This is my absolute favorite space in the house- where I escape to my current book, flip through shelter mags and catch up on my blogs.

image

How silly of me, I can’t believe I haven’t offered you a drink yet! Come see my bar- complete with the infamous Scalamandre Zebras wallpaper, and I will have my Hubs aka the Bartender whip you up something fabulous.

image

Near the bar area is the kitchen. I don’t cook much, but when I do, I like to have pretty surroundings to look at. Isn’t the cabinet color unique? I also love having my favorite color {red!} front and center, so of course it had to go on the light fixtures!

image

If you need to use the restroom after your long trip, please pop into our little powder room. It’s not huge, but it’s definitely fabulous!

image

We use our dining room for all types of things besides eating. In this room we host game nights, wine tastings and I even spy on the neighbors out of these great windows. Good lighting was a must for each room in our home.

image

The living room is another fave of mine. It has to be, considering I spend a lot of time in here with my friends (you know, the Real Housewives, Blair/Serena, the crazies on the Bachelor and all the hosts on HGTV).

image

Here is your room. I hope you don’t mind if Daisy (our cocker spaniel) sleeps with you- she loves spending time in this light filled room almost as much as she loves stealing our guests’ socks. Consider yourself warned.

image

Of course you can see my bedroom! I consider myself a nosy guest as well, so I totally understand the need to peek. I call this bed fit for a queen. If the drapes are pulled, I am getting my beauty sleep and it would be best not to disturb.

image

In other ‘fit for a queen’ news… did I mention this is our master bathroom?

image

And closet……. don’t worry. I am a generous host, so I will definitely let you take a bath and hang up your clothes in here. Don’t want the guests getting jealous!

image

Here is the baby’s room. And, yes, it looks like this all the time. Perfectly styled and no mess anywhere. Our baby better end up liking red- we really committed with this wall color!

image

We have always wanted to be the ‘friends with the pool’ and now we are! So throw on your suit and I’ll meet you out here in a few.

image

Isn’t my ‘dream house’ just…. DREAMY?!?! I sure think so. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to come back anytime!

image

13 comments:

Like Me Some said...

We'll be at the pool this weekend! Hope that works:) Love the rooms you chose all the red!

Jalon Burton said...

What a picture perfect home! I love every detail... I just keep soaking it all in - over and over and over. Excuse me - Gotta go back and look again! Enjoy your Tuesday - Jalon

Unknown said...

Thanks again for having me, Paloma! So fun to put this together. Maybe when I am in Houston one of these days we can meet up!

xoxo, Emily

Peak Rainey said...

LOL love your dream home! So fab! I had to take a second and make sure this wasn't actually your house.. I was getting really jealous hehe. I always get tricked by these dream homes. Love yours!
xoox
www.styledesignlife.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Emily, I LOVE your dream house and would love to stop by for a cocktail by the pool. Also I think I would be a good guest because my black lab loves socks as well. :)

Thanks for sharing these photos and ideas!
Lori

Tiffany Leigh {thedesignerlifestyle} said...

Such a funny and witty post! And did I mention GORGEOUS?! Love every room you picked.
Tiffany
thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

Karena said...

Adore this gorgeous hoe and the use of red accents throughout is perfect!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jessica said...

Great picks! That living room is an all-time fav of mine, so is Christine of Bijou & Boheme's foyer!

Unknown said...

wow, this house is gorgeous.

www.aboutprettythings.blogspot.com

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love that she featured Bijou & Boheme's entry way- a personal favorite of mine, too!

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

designchic said...

Most definitely dreamy...love the pool area!!

Sarah Roads said...

Oh yes! i could live here quite easily!

LindsB said...

I could NOT have picked out a better dreamhouse myself, I think actually I might even have the very same one :)