photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, May 28, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 05.28.10

{The living room in Mr. and Mrs. Preston’s apartment features a Montauk sofa upholstered in blue wool-mohair from Donghia, a set of vintage chairs, and a Birdie Blossom Pillow by Paul Smith for The Rug Company.}

One of the many perks of being my own boss and working from home is the freedom it allows me. Yesterday, I was able to skip the crowds for Sex and the City 2 and caught a lunch time showing of the movie at the Alamo Drafthouse, my favorite movie theater. They have great food, cocktails, and you have to be 21 to get in, so there aren’t any loud, rowdy teenagers. I liked the new movie much more than the first. I was a pretty big SATC devotee and have probably watched my DVDs a hundred times since the series ended in 2004. The first movie was a bit over-the-top and cheesy for my taste. Without giving too much away, I thought they were all much more true to themselves in SATC2.

carrie apt2

I absolutely loved the new apartment Carrie and Big share in the movie. She decorated it herself and has done a fabulous job with it. Blue is the dominant color in the home, and while it isn’t my favorite color, I do love it in their space. There are lots of great pieces and fabrics from Kravet and Lee Jofa throughout the home as well. For today’s Fabulous Room feature, we’ll be focusing on Carrie and Big’s living room / dining room area.

carri apt

{One of my favorite lines from the movie: “I’ve been cheating on fashion with furniture.” – Carrie Bradshaw}

{I love the built-in shelving in the dining room. The mahogany table is vintage from the 1940s, the chandelier is by Property, and the dining chairs are upholstered in Lee Jofa’s Belgravia fabric.}

{Modern Ann Sacks Tiles in the Kitchen}

{Technically, this is a completely different room, but I had to include the gorgeous headboard in Carrie and Big’s bedroom! The fabric is by Kravet.}

{The ladies all looked stunning at the film’s premiere earlier this week!}

 

Have you seen Sex and the City 2 yet? If so, what did you think?

 

Image Credit: ELLE DECOR

28 comments:

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

love that ann sacks tile! So bold and fun.

Haven't seen it yet. Will definitely catch it after the holiday weekend. Happy Memorial Day!!

Anonymous said...

You should give credit to Habitually Chic since you pretty much copied this post from her.

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Oh I am so excited to see it!! Glad to hear it's even better than the first!

I like the living room, but overall, I'm not crazy about their condo's decor. And I'm not even sure how "Carrie" it is - it looks more "Big." All the masculine colors... it's just too dark! Where are the Carrie pops of pink and ruffles??

Ooo I did see a still of their closet, and THAT is amazing!

Alaina

Ariane said...

I thought it was silly, but fun. I laughed throughout the entire thing. Carrie & Big's place was definitely one of my favorite elements of the movie. That and, of course, the shoes!

www.audreyonassis.blogspot.com

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Can't wait to see it; and so glad to learn of your fave theater. I'm a Houstonian too...('burbanite), and wasn't aware of The Alamo. Love your post...

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

love the all the upholstered elements... those dining chairs and headboard are perfection.

xo,
cristin

Unknown said...

Dear Anonymous or should I say Heather or Christian,

It's so obvious when it's you. I gave credit to ELLE DECOR because I found the information for furniture and fabric sources on their website yesterday. GO CHECK IT OUT. Not everything in this world comes from Heather's "brilliant mind". How is this copied from her? You are being ridiculous. I am tired of being bullied by you when I make the choice not to read your blogs. I DO NOT SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO BULLY OTHERS! I could certainly go on HC and point out things that I have posted before you, but I am neither that self-centered nor deluded. Please find something positive and constructive to do.

The Shiny Pebble said...

I love finding other Houstonites here! :)

I havent' seen the movie yet, but now my interest is peaked, since the first one was not so great.

Anonymous, dear, how tacky! Are you that naive to think that one blogger alone has the rights to a subject matter? Please...

Sheila J said...

Great post about the apartment. I'm a huge Sex in the City fan but did not like the movie at all. Big disappointment.

Sara said...

I thought it was cute and fun!! I LOVE that headboard and the wall color!!

Emily A. Clark said...

Those chairs are perfect!!!

Can't wait to see the movie on Tuesday. I'll be studying this room for sure :)

Linda Merrill said...

I'm planning on doing a post on SATC2 on my Silver Screen Surroundings blog as well, I'll be sure to direct people to yours as well Paloma. What do you think of the upholstered wainscot? I can't decide if I like it or it competes with the upholstered furniture.

Mona Thompson said...

Not yet, but the last one was so fun I can't wait to see it. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

ooh i saw SATC2 last night! i think it's a great movie for the fans...not the best movie in the world, but the clothes & home decor make it worthwhile. i am going to see it again next week to soak everything in...man i miss that show!!
xox alison

Hello Lover... said...

Saw it last night and I loved it! I must say I've heard numerous people say they like this one better than the first. I liked the first better, maybe for the exact reason that it was so over the top and that is exactly what I was expecting of them - I'm not sure. I just did a post on Carrie and Big's whole apartment yesterday. It really is stunning!

Lupi said...

the apartment is amazing, so many good details, I loooove the coffee table in the living room with all those books...haven't seen the film yet! looking fwd

Michelle said...

Saw it yesterday! It was great! I definitely agree, liked it much better than the first. And their apartment is AMAZING! Love it! Although, I'm also a sucker for Carrie's apt, so I'm glad we got to see some of that too!

Caitlin said...

What a fabulous post Paloma! Every image in this post are the ones I loved on Elle Decor. I need to find out where the blue ottoman is from - it should be in my home :) The Kravet fabric is wonderful - have fun on their panel Tuesday!

xoxo, C

DeShawn and Sara said...

Great post Paloma...don't let the haters get you down, I LOVE your blog!!
I did not see it yet but I can't wait!!

Molly said...

Longtime lurker here, coming out of hiding b/c I feel compelled to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work and here's hopin' Heather gets herpes in the Hamptons.

Celeste said...

I loved the movie! I'm impressed that you were able to find all these great photos. My favorite part of the movie was definitely the Prestons' apartment, particularly the drapes. I was really drawn to the rich, luxurious patterns and textures.

Sharon said...

I've been following your blog for a while and getting inspired...thank you. Your post made me change my mind...I'll go see the movie.

Anonymous said...

Watched it yesterday. I spotted the Kravet on headboard and Ann Sacks in kitchen. Loved the movie, loved the decor. Loved the shoes, loved the fashion. It was like catching up with old friends.

Anonymous said...

PALOMA.
You go girl. I read a variety of blogs almost daily. It's a sad shame anyone would write something so ridiculous on another ones page. SERIOUSLY SAD. I've read the same ideas on others pages and I take it on a positive. IT'S CALLED INSPIRATION. Perhaps that anonymous is too blinded to see anything positive. SAD SAD SAD. And if you're so eager to say something as this, ANONYMOUS should state who they are. OH YEAH, chicken S*#t.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

FINALLY saw the film...loved it and the headboard on Carrie's bed, NICE!

Darlene said...

Gobsmacked over Carrie/Big Blue drapes... anyone know the company source/pattern name?

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what color the Cole and Son wallpaper is? I know the pattern is roccoco damask but in some photos it appears light green and in others more of a tan. Thanks!

Also, if someone knows about the drapes that would be great. I saw someone else asked that question.

Property Furniture said...

Thank you for posting and crediting our Disc chandelier! Great blog post.

http://propertyfurniture.com/collection/lighting/disc-chandelier/