photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Brooklyn Home Company

fitzhugh1

Chances are, you may have seen the amazing Brooklyn home of Fitzhugh Carol and Lyndsay Caleo, founders of The Brooklyn Home Company on design*sponge or Elements of Style. I first learned of this incredibly talented company through Erin’s post earlier this month and was instantly enamored with the amazing space this duo had created for themselves. Wanting to learn more, I sought out their website and became smitten with a few of their other spectacular projects. Their homes make me want to move to Brooklyn! I wish they made homes like this in Houston. Seriously, if there were a Houston builder who wanted to create spaces like these, I would be so on board!

fitzhugh title3

fitzhugh4

{I love the floor to ceiling built-ins and the white-washed look of the space.}

fitzhugh3

{Do you think you would ever try white floors? They look amazing in this home! The beams in the ceiling are pretty fabulous, too.}

fitzhugh2

{I would love to have this type of continuity in a future home. Most new construction homes are designed with open floor plans, but with this being a townhouse, I love that everything fits into a large, rectangular space. Notice the artwork above the mantle.}

fitzhugh5

{Isn’t the kitchen fantastic? I love that this large table can be used for dining or as a work space. The open shelving is functional and plays upon the airy feeling of the home. The cute pup on the counter is the icing on the cake. Tate would love him!}

{The reclaimed door is bananas.}

{I love the organic quality of the master bedroom. While I love color, this home seriously makes me want to take a trip to the light side! Between the white walls, white floors, and white linens, this place feels like such a breathe of fresh air. The original fireplace is gorgeous. Fireplaces are one of my favorite features in New York townhouses. I also love that they created what appears to be a wardrobe next to it and used mirrored paneling and glass knobs to keep it from looking cumbersome. Gorgeous and functional, what could be better than that?}

 

fitzhugh title2

{Check out the gorgeous built-in mirrors in this Brooklyn home.}

While the home of Fitzhugh and Caleo has been enjoying the spotlight recently (Rightfully so, the place is INSANE!), I also wanted to share a couple of their other projects which are just as beautiful.

{A Lovely Dining Room}

{Gorgeous Sitting Area with a Fabulous Built-in Bar}

{A sleek, modern kitchen juxtaposes well with the grandeur throughout the rest of the home.}

{I love the rich color of the walls and the gold-leaf accents.}

{This gilded wallpaper adds a touch of glamour to the bathroom.}

fitzhugh title

{There is so much to love in this image! My personal favorite? The Greek Key wallpaper, of course!}

{The Greek Key wallpaper continues into the dining room. I love that they wallpapered inside of the mouldings. It looks like art!}

{Sleek storage abounds in the kitchen. Take a look at the beautiful fireplace and plaster work above the cabinets!}

{This sitting room is swathed in ethnic fabrics and bright colors.}

{Anyone who has been in my home knows that I have an affinity for maps. I love this little nursery vignette!}

{Ahhh! Citrine Imperial Trellis. Need I say more?}

The Brooklyn Home Company is set to have 15 new homes available this fall. I wish I could make one mine!

 

Image Credit: The Brooklyn Home Company

24 comments:

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Oh wow! I had seen Lyndsay and Fitzhugh's home before, but Lincoln Place is amazing! I love the bright punches of colour and the graphic wallpaper. I'm with you with the map. I wonder where they got one so big!

Valerie said...

These rooms make me happy!!

Unknown said...

OK...SERIOUSLY...I think they have created my dream homes. SO FLIPPIN' beautiful! drooool....

LifestyleBohemia said...

These homes are all breath-taking. I live in Brooklyn and can't imagine living anywhere else. I am always taken back by the gorgeous architecture which not everyone expects to find here. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

i love the first home with the Panton Chairs .. Panton chairs make me happy! - and the door is insane - LOVE IT .. i'd die to live in that place!!!

Hugs
Erika
http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

Kathleen said...

Their house is amazing...I keep trying to talk my husband into painting our whole place shades of white, but he's having none of it. Alas.

Francine Gardner said...

Really well done spaces...the dining room table in Fort Greene Place looks as it just came out of our Interieur Showroom..

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

Love the Imperial Trellis wallpaper!!! And just adore every single space from this post!!! such a great inspiration!

TERI REES WANG said...

I dig the top shots of the Urban Farmhouse look of Lyndsay and Fitzhugh's home.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I LOVE Brooklyn....this is a great post-thanks! :))


Jen Ramos
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Averill said...

It's a beautiful home to be sure, love the beams and barn door in particular -- they really bring some warmth to that loft-like/very white interior. As for white floors, I think they'd be no harder to keep up than very dark floors...and maybe even easier since it's a lot easier to touch white floors up!

White Cabana said...

Sweet trio of kitchen stools in Fort Green Place. I like 'em.
-Jordana

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for sharing -- I'm in love! Lincoln Place, on the whole, though, is my favorite ... Comfortable, livable, AND chic.

Deb said...

For the love of all things holy, WHERE is that greek key wallpaper from? LOVE LOVE LOVE! Never seen it before. Any ideas where that comes from?

I think the colorway for the imperial trellis is actually called treillage as opposed to citrine. I only know b/c I have it in my kitchen/mudroom/bathroom

(see related post here http://livinglivelier.blogspot.com/2010/05/imperial-trellis-for-softcore-diy.html)

Great post Paloma!

That Girl in Pearls said...

Holy Mother of God. I have that exact coffee table from Fort Greene Place!! Totally Loving it! Thanks for posting this Paloma. Hadn't seen it!

Beatriz.
thatgirlinpearls.com

Natalie Marie Salmon said...

Your blog has fueled my love for interior design and i almost always feature your pictures!

http://natalie-natalia.blogspot.com/

LiveLikeYou said...

Love the yellow Madeline Weinrib carpet!! You always find the best interiors. Thank You!!

Unknown said...

i fell in love with their own property but these others are the icing on the cake! the wallpaper job is fantastic — and don't even get me started on the hot pink sitting room! to die for. thanks for sharing, paloma!

Unknown said...

i fell in love with their own property but these others are the icing on the cake! the wallpaper job is fantastic — and don't even get me started on the hot pink sitting room! to die for. thanks for sharing, paloma!

Meg said...

SO so so gorgeous! I'm about to use that kelly green imperial trellis in a guest room for drapes, i'll send you pics after! :)

Lee said...

Lovely rooms, but...I want the bar stools!

Michelle said...

Wow, not only is that my dream job! Why oh why didn't I figure that out earlier? But this post was like having a great steak dinner, and the best dessert around (hello dark chocolate mouse!)...yum....burp.

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Wow Paloma! I seriously don't think I've ever seen a post with so much eye candy all at once! I love every single space!

Anonymous said...

All of that natural wood in the first home is gorgeous! I love the shelves and the dining room table, oh and the sliding door -- so fabulous!