photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, May 14, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 05.14.10

Schlegel_5 d mag jen ramos

I love the over the top glamour and femininity of this gorgeous living room. The space was designed for Kari Schlegel by the fabulous Jan Showers. I love, love, love the gilded touches and pops of colors.

schlegel2

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Jen of Made By Girl posted more pictures of the amazing 12,000 square foot Dallas apartment (it’s the penthouse at the W Hotel) Kari shares with her brother Kirby. He is the yin to her style yang. Her space is flirty and feminine, while his is decidedly more masculine, natch. Enjoy the tour!

Have a wonderful weekend! Remember, the Urban Market is this Saturday and Sunday and the Pretty Chic SF Giveaway ends tonight.

 

Image Credit: Manny Rodriguez for D Magazine

17 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

When I recently saw the Jan Showers room it reinforced how much I want to introduce more bold gestures of color in my own home! This image is just beyond fabulous! Janell

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

I LOVED this room! it's so fancy! did you see her shoe closet?! I thought I'll die!

Jen Beaudet said...

What a fabulous room! I love the white couch...if only I didn't have a black dog! Jennifer:)

Averill said...

Love the interesting shapes here -- the coffee table, the chairs, the lamps...it's exactly what I love: interesting and glamorous, but uncluttered.

Hope to see you at Urban Market, Paloma!

Kathysue said...

Love,love this room,it is so fresh!!The colors are delicious!! Kathysue

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love the pops of colour in this room! Happy weekend.

TSL said...

I just want to walk around barefoot in there.

Mariska Meijers said...

Crisp & glamorous....

White Cabana said...

The couch is lovely!
-J

Unknown said...

how funny, i am using that exact picture at the top of the post for inspiration on how to redecorate a room in my house.
just bought the couch, and now onto the statement rug!
xox alison

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE that top room! The colors, the details....xxxx

Christina said...

That is one fab room!!! Love the light and the flowers...wow...outstanding!!!

Montse said...

Queb decir.. fabulosa.

Fargerike Dagny said...

Remember that room. Loved it as much then as I do now! The coffee table is to die for!!

xoxo
dagny

Sarah Davis said...

I just did a post on this penthouse last week! It's the definition of chic. Doesn't hurt to have an unlimited budget from Daddy :)

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know the source of that fabulous rug. I have seen it several times and I am dieing to get my hands on it!

Estelle Hayes said...

Oh the hot pink and gold. I cannot get enough of that combo right now.

And I just read Bringing home the Birken. Such fun!