photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Charming Calligraphy

{Gorgeous Calligraphy by Love, Jenna}

I absolutely love beautiful handwriting. I know that heartfelt, handwritten notes are becoming more of a rarity these days, but the only thing nicer than a handwritten note, is a beautifully written or addressed one. Typically reserved for special correspondence, like wedding invitations, calligraphy has a way of making the recipient feel special. There are a few calligraphy artists who create custom stamps to give even the most ordinary correspondence a special touch. I would love to take a calligraphy class some time and admire those who have a gift for this art, such as the artists featured in this post.

 calligraphy4

 Love, Jenna’s gorgeous designs have been featured in publications like Real Simple and Martha Stewart Weddings. In addition, Jenna has had several high-profile clients including Anthropologie, Balenciaga, Daily Candy, and Hallmark Cards. Is it any wonder? Her designs are at once whimsical, elegant, and charming.

{Gorgeous Hand-Addressed Envelopes by Love, Jenna}

{How charming is this?}

 

calligraphy3 I simply adore Emilie Friday’s calligraphy. Every flourish, every stroke is so beautiful and elegant. Emilie creates a variety of products including custom logos, hand-addressed envelopes, and custom return address stamps, all of which are absolutely gorgeous!

emilie friday logo2

{Custom Logo by Emilie Friday}

emilie friday logo3

{Another Custom Logo by Emilie Friday…Opulent is right!}

emilie friday2

{How lovely is this hand-addressed envelope by Emilie? I love that the writing was applied at an angle. The “font” is out of this world! Someone please mail me something that looks like this!}

emilie friday stamp4

{A Custom Return Address Stamp by Emilie Friday}

 

calligraphy2 Robyn Love features a variety of calligraphy services in her etsy shop including wedding stationery, hand-addressing, and rubber stamps. However, I am head over heels for these custom water color maps. I would have loved to have done this for my wedding nearly five years ago. They are not only beautiful, but have such a special, personal quality.

{How I love San Francisco! Isn’t this lovely?}

{Is it strange that this little map makes me even more excited for our upcoming trip to New Orleans?}

 

calligraphy Lettergirl has been a favorite of a few bloggers for the past year or so and I can certainly see why. Her designs are charming and whimsical. Lettergirl specializes in custom rubber stamps which are perfect for adding a special touch to your everyday correspondence.

Wedding Vintage Address Stamp (Wood Handle)

{My favorite is the Wedding Vintage Address Stamp.}

Left of Center Address Stamp (Self-Inking)

{The Left of Center Address Stamp is perfect for nearly every occasion!}

 

Ingrid Address Stamp (Self-inking)

{The Fun and Feminine Ingrid Address Stamp}

 

I hope this post will encourage you to send a handwritten note to someone in the near future!

15 comments:

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

oh these pictures are totally sweet! seriously, people should write more often and we should start with thank you notes! thanks for inspiration!

A Perfect Gray said...

these are so wonderful...thank you for highlighting them...

Unknown said...

these are so incredibly gorgeous...especially the first few images. wow, what talent.
xox alison

Scuba Wife Life said...

these are so pretty! I love them! I love handwritten notes and I love to make my own cards! Emails are nice, but there's something about getting a letter in the mail!! :)

Unknown said...

thank you for the introduction to all these talented ladies! calligraphy is so beautiful — i would love to have a personalized address stamp!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

I love calligraphy. It adds such a thoughtful and whimsical touch. It was one of the "Must-haves" for my wedding invites. There is nothing else that instantly conveys such old world elegance and style.x

That Girl in Pearls said...

Ok, this is making me second guess myself... I was sure to cut calligraphy as an option to save a few bucks on my ever increasing wedding budget, but this is just so special! Crap! Hmmm...

Beatriz.
thatgirlinpearls.com

Hello Lover... said...

There is nothing better than receiving an envelope in the mail with beautiful calligraphy. Love this!

Marija said...

Okay you've inspired me. I am terrible about thank you cards and have some long overdue. Better late than never and a handwritten note is so much nicer than an email! Though admittedly, it helps if your handwriting is this great :)

LindsB said...

I would love to have all my wedding invitations done like any one of these, they are so pretty!

Carolyn said...

Ah! My sister, who taught herself calligraphy, did my wedding invites, envelopes and we copied one of those map ideas (for the save the date) (from another source than the one you have) for Austin, TX and it was so cute! I will have to show you via email. I'm proud of her work! ha.

New England Fine Living said...

when I was young, I used to do a lot of calligraphy and I feel I have lost the ability. This has inspired me to pick up my pen and give it a try again. Thank you! I hope it is like riding a bike.

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Swoon! I adore the swirls and flourishes! I wish I could wave a magic wand over my envelopes and make them look as lovely. I've got the stationery part covered, but am lacking in the penmanship department!

Lovely post...Linsey

Robyn Love Steele::Calligrapher said...

Thank you so very much for including my calligraphy Watercolor maps on your blog! It is so wonderful to be spotlighted next to such talent! Let me know if you need a map...My compliments to you, Paloma. And for all the lovely reader. Just mention this post for 10% off anything in the etsy shop!!!
Always, Robyn Love

Zeb said...

So beautiful calligraphy by so beautiful you! :)