photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, May 7, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 05.07.10

kitchen christina murphy

This week’s fabulous room is an oldie, but a goodie. Originally featured in the May 2008 issue of Domino, this modern kitchen by Christina Murphy has long been a favorite of mine. By now, you all know that I love a white kitchen, but what makes this special is its graphic quality. I am crazy about the Beau Monde “Cary” tile from Ann Sacks. I really think it makes the kitchen along with the gorgeous, oversized Thomas O’Brien-designed Hicks pendants from Circa Lighting. They are even more beautiful in person and make such a statement. Today, I would probably replace the yellow accents with turquoise ones, but that’s just because turquoise is one of my favorite colors. Keep in mind yellow, black, and grey was a pretty hot color combination in 2008.

 

Image scanned by me from Domino Magazine

8 comments:

Hello Lover... said...

I love this. 2008 or 2010 - either way it's a beautiful kitchen, and you can never go wrong with ann sacks and beautiful pendants!

Leah said...

That back splash oh my! Gorgeous!

Lilacandgrey said...

This is one of my all-time favorite kitchens!

LindsB said...

Those hanging pendants get me every time I see them!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Fantastic! I love those bright pops of yellow. So fun.x

Fargerike Dagny said...

I'm LOVING the tiles!!

BTW - I'm having a litography giveaway I think you're totally going to love by Cecilia Carlstedt (she's an illustrator and has previously worked for vogue, elle, H&M, neiman marcus)

Sherri @ Personal Shopper said...

That back splash really makes the kitchen pop... along with the yellow accents. LOVE IT!

Marcus Design said...

Love the graphic quality of that backsplash! It's very appealing to the eye!!
Nancy