photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: Bryn Alexandra Interiors

portfolio photograph

The wonderfully sweet and talented, Bryn Dunn of Bryn Alexandra Interiors will be sharing her “10 Things” list with us today. Bryn works as an interior designer and also writes an inspiring blog filled with fabulous ideas, great DIY projects, and amazing bargains for infusing style into one’s home without emptying out the bank account. I find her outlook to be so refreshing and charming and I am pretty sure that you will agree!

1. husband[1]

1. My Husband
I know husbands have graced the 10 Things list a lot so I'll keep this one short and sweet. He's my lifeline, my best friend, my everything. He makes me coffee every morning, makes me laugh, and is my biggest fan. He's completely opposite of me which works perfectly. I love him so much!

BLOG
2. Blogging
Where would I be without blogging? I'd be unhappily working a job I hated in a career that wasn't for me. Blogging has opened opportunities to allow me to live my dream. Not to mention - it's a source for never ending inspiration.

3. Charlotte The Dog[1]
3. Charlotte - The Dog
I can't describe how much I love this dog. I rescued her in college and she's been with me through everything. Last year she broke her back and my husband and I were given two options - a very expensive surgery or death. We chose the surgery even though we could barely afford it. But for us there was not a second option - she's everything to us!

4. charlotte-nc[1]
4. Charlotte - The City
We just moved to Charlotte, North Carolina. Although I've only been here 3 months, it already feels like home. We are closing on a house this Friday, so we definitely plan to stay here a while. It's such a great city - small yet has everything you need (along with a really awesome downtown area), and clean and beautiful.

5. Fabric[1]
5. Fabric
I looove fabric. It's what I use as the starting off point when designing a room. I like to use at least three different patterns in each room I design. It's not really a rule of thumb, but when I look at my finished rooms, there is almost always three. I love everything about fabric - the patterns, the texture, the colors. I'm big on texture. Mixing silk with linen, burlap with velvet. This picture is a stack of fabric currently on my dining room table. In my new home office, I plan on having bins and bins of fabric, coordinated by color, on a bookshelf. Preferably in acrylic bins so I can see all the beautiful patterns :)

6. Comfort Food[1]
6. Comfort Food & Desserts
I'm such a sucker for comfort food and sweets. I'm either picking at my dinner just to get to dessert or eating a huge bowl of macaroni and cheese while others go for the salad. I'll always be 5-10 lbs away from my goal weight because of this, but I'm totally A-OK with that!

7. Upcycling[1]
7. Upcycling Furniture
I love finding furniture at thrift stores and Craigslist and then upgrading them with paint and fabric. It's one of my favorite things to do!  Pictured is a $75 Salvation Army chair that got gold leafed and reupholstered. It's really thrilling when I step back and see the transformation that has occurred.

8. Old stuff[1]
8. Old Stuff
Old Stuff - it's pretty broad, but yes, I love old stuff. I love going to flea markets and just looking at old stuff. I love collecting old stuff. Pictured is one of my many collections of old stuff.

9. Home Goods[1]
9. Home Goods
If my accessories are not "old stuff" found at flea markets and antique shops, then they are most likely from Home Goods. I LOVE Home Goods. It's one of my go to places for both myself and my clients. Pictured is a mirror I recently saw at Home Goods.

10. Laptop[1]
10. My Laptop
I really can't write this list without including my 5th appendage, I mean my laptop. I've been told that an intervention may be needed for my laptop usage. As a side note, I've been a loyal Mac user for 10 years and will never go back.

20 comments:

bryn alexandra said...

Thanks for having me and the kind words, Paloma!

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com} said...

aw the story about your cute dog almost made me cry, you're such a kind person, Bryn! Loved your entire list! xo, Ludmila

Unknown said...

ahhhh i LOVE HomeGoods! - i can't leave there without going to the checkout!

Hugs
Erika
http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Beautiful wedding photo and a great list! I love watching your projects unfold! Janell

Kathysue said...

Paloma, thankyou for introducing Bryn to me. I love blogland for this very reason. There are so many talented people out there and I don't know all of them and by you introducing her now I can go and visit her blog which I am going to do right now......
Kathysue

Xanela Chic said...

I agree of all...
xoxo...

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

I just cannot...that PUPPY FACE! A girl after my own heart...Love this list.

A Casa da Vá said...

I love what she did with the chair, what a transformation! And her dog is adorable, it is beautiful to see her unmeasurable love for the lit one ^_^

Unknown said...

anyone who would choose pricey puppy surgery over the alternative is a friend of mine. thank you for producing another lovely feature, paloma! i hope you'll check out my blog one of these days :)

Lisa @ lists in my pocket said...

Hi Paloma - I've been reading Bryn for awhile so I'm glad she brought me to you! I look forward to reading more :)

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Great post. HomeGoods is the best.x

Emily A. Clark said...

Great list; love Bryn's blog and happy that she's a fellow "Charlottean" now!

And, what a beautiful wedding pic :)

Amy said...

I love your fabric tip. Pattern is one of the things I struggle with (even in clothing on myself) but when I see it put out there, it's reminding me to be a little bit more bold.

Haven and Home said...

Great list! Charlotte is so cute! I am seriously considering a Mac.

Unknown said...

Great list!!

Fargerike Dagny said...

That chair she upholstered and gold leafed looks amazing!! Great job!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Im so with you with most of your list, love it, Charlotte is the cutest dog ever!! and comfort food and deserts, oh yes please bring it on :)

Tammy@InStitches said...

LOVE your list ! I met Bryn at Furbish and she is a sweetie, best of luck to you. :)

Design Actually said...

Great list! I need to check out her blog because many of the things listed are my favorites too!

LindsB said...

Great list and I TOTALLY would have chosen surgery for my dog too. Well, I dont have a dog yet...but hopefully soon :)