photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dreaming of Paris and the Hotel Recamier

hotel recamier

I have had Paris on my mind for quite some time now. Fabian and I first visited the City of Lights in December of 2006 and had an amazing time in spite of the cold weather. Since then, I have been fortunate to visit many other cities, but I feel that it is time to go back to Paris! We have our trip to Barcelona scheduled for July of this year, but in 2011, we plan to return to Paris and London.

I know that some people don’t worry too much about where they stay so long as the hotel is clean and well-located, but I am of the thought that one’s hotel plays an integral role in one’s experience. For me, my hotel is not just a place for me to lay my head at night. It is part of my adventure abroad and should be inspiring and comfortable. Plus, I just happen to love hotel design!

hotel recamier2

The Hotel Recamier seems to be the perfect hotel for someone who enjoys a boutique design hotel. The Recamier was designed by Jean Louis Deniot, who also designed the Coco Chanel Suite at the Paris Ritz.

hotel recamier3

The hotel feels luxurious without being ostentatious. It is located in the fashionable Saint Germain des Prés and consists of 24 uniquely-designed rooms.

hotel recamier17

{A Chic Vignette}

hotel recamier16

{The hotel maintains an intimate feeling as it does not have large common areas. Instead it has a small lobby, chic lounge, and breakfast room.}

hotel recamier13

{I love the whimsical look in the stairwell. The sconce is lovely!}

hotel recamier14

{I seriously had an “I die!” moment when I saw this bamboo-inspired hardware. Yes, please!! This is going on the list of requirements for my dream home. :)}

hotel recamier8

{Each of the 24 guestrooms has its own look, though they seem to follow a similar pattern: canopy bed, lovely mix of fabrics, a pretty mirror, and muted yet stylish color palette.}

hotel recamier9

{I would feel right at home in any one of these gorgeous rooms!}

hotel recamier4

{The rooms feature smart color palettes and luxurious touches.}

 hotel recamier12

{So many beautiful details!}

hotel recamier10

{The bathrooms are just as stylish as the bedrooms.}

25 comments:

Dane said...

Oh the rooms are so beautiful. So nice when they do NOT have a hotel feel.

The grass cloth walls and the door hardware are outstanding!

*bisous*
Dane

Gwen Driscoll said...

This looks just fabulous. We also are planning to visit Paris in 2011. Can't wait.

Ariane said...

I adore the second bedroom. I will be in Paris in July and will definitely stop and take pictures of this hotel now.

TSL said...

It truly is perfection at its best.

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Ooo fabulous. I've only ever stayed in a boutique hotel once and it was wonderful. Would love to stay here. Thanks for sharing!

Alaina

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

I agree with you...The hotel is SO important! I look mostly for a hotel with a great bar or lounge, especially these days hotel bars are like private clubs and if you stay there you are on the list! This place looks amazing, I seriously could use a vacay about now!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

This is a gorgeous hotel. I know I am in the minority but Paris has never been one of my favorite European cities (beautiful, yes, but never one of my personal faves).

As for London I have never been. I don't know how I've managed but I was just talking with M about how we need to rectify that--STAT.

Smitten Design said...

That bamboo hardware is stunning. I want it in gold!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i love the bamboo hardware and all the canopy beds! what a lovely spot.

Chateau 809 said...

Gorgeous! Totally love the bamboo inspired hardware.

The Iconic Blog.com said...

It is always time for another trip to Paris. I love that city. That bamboo hardware is to die for!xx

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Mr. M and I have spent time in France's Alsace region (French wine country, anyone?) but have never made it down to Paris ... When we do, I'll definitely keep this hotel on the short list of places to stay!

Averill said...

Great hotel -- I absolutely love how they've done the bedrooms and public spaces (so often the focus is on the public spaces, with the bedrooms woefully bland). Also, love the mix of modern and traditional. Many boutique hotels are way too modern for me.

Patrice said...

Oh my goodness, it's a Parisian Paradise.

Hello Lover... said...

This is stunning. I can't even fathom how excited I would be to stay in a place that looks like this. And, yes, that bamboo hardware is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I like a hotel that is comfortable and you aren't dying to get back to your own home. This one looks so stylish and comfortable. I can't wait to get back to Paris either! It's a little bit of heaven on earth. xo

Jess said...

je voudrais aller!!!!!!!!

LindsB said...

This place is amazing- if I was not planning my wedding I would be getting my credit card out right now to make reservations!

KSK said...

I love the bed canopies and just might have to try recreating that in my house! I'll try and stop by the lounge for a drink when I'm there next week :)

dialog said...

I too have a dream of Paris.

chelswat said...

BEYOND OBSESSED!!! great post. i love the bed canopies and color combos!

Yahnay said...

You always find the most beautiful hotels. Amazing pictures.

Noel Solomon said...

Your blog is so much fun and simply beautiful! Just found you from Terri at Windlost.

xo Noel

Katherine said...

This hotel is so gorgeous.
I live in Seoul, South Korea and visit your blog a lot. Thank you for precious information, I have been wanting to say this for a long time. I plan to travel to Paris where my husband and I had a wonderful honeymoon five years ago. when it comes to hotel, searching a good hotel is one of the most difficult and important things. This will be also good info to me. IT will be appreciated if you recommend another good place to stay in Paris. Thank you again.