photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, July 1, 2013

A Gracious Home by Suzanne Kasler

{The large Great Room includes two distinct seating areas, which in combination with the informal textiles make the room feel effortless and inviting.}

I always enjoy seeing new work by my favorite designers, so naturally, I was excited to see this beautiful home designed by Suzanne Kasler in the new issue of Architectural Digest. Located in Atlanta's tony Buckhead neighborhood, the homeowners turned to Suzanne and architect, William T. Baker to bring this 17,000 square foot home to fruition. The family includes three children between the ages of 12 and 19 as well as two 200 lb. Bull Mastiffs, so the house needed to be beautiful, functional, and couldn't feel to formal or precious in order to work with the family's lifestyle. I'd love to see more of the house, but from what I can tell in these images, the mission was certainly accomplished.


{The furniture is slightly more formal in the dining room, but the paneled walls add a touch of relaxed elegance.}

{The kitchen island is reminiscent of farmhouse style and features many classic elements.}

{I love that Suzanne selected this Katie Ridder wallpaper for the powder bathroom. I am dying to use this in a client project. It comes in so many pretty colorways!}

{I love the dramatic vaulted ceilings in the master bedroom as well as the lighting choices-- table lamp by Christopher Spitzmiller, Austeil Floor Lamp and Chandelier by Suzanne Kasler for Visual Comfort. The bedding by Leontine Linens is especially beautiful.}


{While purple and lilac are not at the top of my list of favorite colors, I do like the "Violet Pearl" shade by Benjamin Moore that Suzanne selected for the master bathroom. It's subtle and it's taupe undertones look very pretty with the fittings throughout the space.}
{I love the antiqued mirrored tile used behind the vanity in the master bath. It's so glamorous!}


What is your favorite element of this home?

7 comments:

Erin said...

Can't decide if I like the industrial range hood in the kitchen or the aged mirror backsplash in the bathroom more!

http://erinstaussdesign.co/

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Suzanne Kasler is a favorite of mine as well. She does beautiful work! I love the soft bedroom the most.

Unknown said...

Obsessing over that wallpaper!

xo
www.alluredevieblog.com

Karena said...

The architectural details throughout! I do love Katie's wallpaper!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Designer Series

Megan said...

Stunning home! We're big fans of AD. The bathroom is stunning. Love the architectural archway in the tub area and the antique mirror tile behind the vanity is gorgeous! Love your blog. :)

www.postcardfromparis.com

AtelierModerne said...

Hi, Love your BLOG ~ Need to know abut sandals in the DaVinci quote spot !? Any idea where pic is from or who makes those shoes ? I must have them !! THANX

Carol Maryott said...

Great great design !

I love everything about the living and dining room.So classy and inviting !

Carol:)