photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2011

Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2011

I love seeing what the designers come up with for their Pre-Fall shows. To me, these shows really seem to set the tone for what will be fashionable in the new calendar year. One of the recent Pre-Fall 2011 shows that really resonated with me, was that of Monique Lhuillier. Her collection is ultra-feminine and glamorous as one would expect. The silhouettes are classic and figure-friendly, but she really turns up the volume through her use of color. The colors in this collections are rich, decadent and versatile. The collection ranges from jewel-toned ball gowns to patterned cocktail dresses and chic sportswear with each look being more glamorous than the next.

monique5

monique10

{These chic looks are perfect for the office or an after-work dinner or cocktail party. I love the subtle 1970s inspiration that radiates from the silhouettes in this group. The outfit on the right might be my favorite. All you need is a good cocktail ring and you’re good to go!}

monique4

monique9

{These frocks are party ready! The hot pink number on the left reminds me so much of Tinsley Mortimer. I adore the one-shouldered dress in the middle. The length is chic and flattering and the pattern is beautiful. The last dress features the pleating Lhuillier is famous for.}

monique

monique8

{I’m not usually a fan of ombré, but these gowns are stunning! I mean, sequins in an ombré pattern… fabulous! I love the blue and white gown in the middle and predict that we’ll see it on the red carpet this awards season.}

monique3

monique7

{I am loving this rich shade of purple. The gown in the center is so chic and modern and the one on the right is pure glamour! I think it is another red carpet contender.}

monique2

monique6

{These show-stopping gowns will likely be favorites among celebs this red-carpet season.}

 

{Images via Style.com}

18 comments:

The Iconic Blog.com said...

What a stunning collection!x I saw her Spring collection at fashion week and it was spectacular!xx

Kathy said...

Paloma, really stunning! they do have a nostalgia about them... I really love the ombre, and the purple gowns glow! Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh.My.Gosh! SO GORGEOUS! xoxo Elizabeth and Annie

Lacey said...

Obsessed with the color purple these days!

Unknown said...

I have to say, I have always been in love with her bridal collections but this collection is over the top! I love each and every dress..thanks for sharing.

www.afashionsoiree.com

Laura Trevey said...

These are stunning... absolutely stunning! The white one in the center looks like a dance with watercolor...

xo Laura
www.brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com

Captivated by image said...

These are all so gorgeous!! The jade green dress is my absolute favorite love it SO much, following the ombre dress most right, is it black/purple?
This is a very delighted post :)

Jordana @ White Cabana said...

All of the above = stunning.
-Jordana

Samantha Hutchinson said...

Every piece is gorgeous... love that last blue one.

http://couldihavethat.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is a nice article, Definitely it has a good content. Faucets
I appreciate your idea here.Ground shaking content i get form your blog .enjoy life Bathroom Sink Faucets,Kitchen Faucets

Sarah York said...

All of these are gorgeous! I especially love the pleated cocktail dress and the brilliant blue gown. Also the work appropriate pieces aren't bad... Thanks for the sneak peek!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

ok, I'm in LOVE with that first dress, the fabric is just WOW...and the cocktail version is as beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful..those work looks are to die for and that first gown is singing SPRINGTIME!!

Mona Thompson said...

All gorgeous, looking forward is a good thing.

Behind the Lashes said...

Very stunning! Now I miss spring and summer more :sigh:.

Unknown said...

So many beautiful dresses! I have vowed that next year for the annual black tie dinner we attend that I will have a show stopper! The blue ombre is incredible - and those purple dresses....love them all!

xoxo elizabeth

Lea said...

I love how popular purple is becoming! That first dress is beyond amazing!

Anita said...

This collection is stunning!!!