photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, December 31, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 12.31.10

One of my favorite rooms from recent memory is this fabulous living room in Kiane Von Mueffling’s Manhattan apartment. Designed by Iain Halliday and featured in the December/January issue of ELLE DÉCOR, it is a study in eclectic glamour. The use of scale is perfect and I love that the bright colors used take on the effect of neutrals in this space. Not to mention the amazing assortment of seating in this one room! All of the chairs are insanely beautiful. The cocktail and end tables aren’t too shabby, either.

Well, can you all believe that 2010 has come to an end? It’s been such an incredible year filled with new friendships, exciting new endeavors and a promising new path. I wish you all a lovely and safe New Year’s Eve and I’ll leave you with this Irish blessing: “May the best of the past be the worst of the future.” Happy New Year!

 

{Image Credit: William Waldron for ELLE DECOR }

11 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Happy New Year Paloma!!

xoxo

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I love that each element in this room is so visually interesting on its own, yet also work together. I've always wanted to use a sheaf of wheat end table, but never knew how really without it seeming a bit absurd. Truly inspiring.

Happy New Year!

Naomi
http://designmanifest.blogspot.com/

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

I have a coffee table very similar to the one in the image and I love it so much!!!
Happy New Year...love your blog!!! xx Danielle

The Iconic Blog.com said...

What a spectacular room!xx

That Girl in Pearls said...

Absolutely perfect harmony of neutral and color. LOVE.

Hope you have a wonderful New Year's celebration!
B.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Happy New Year Paloma! Deseandote todo lo mejor para el 2011! Lots of love xoxo

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Loved this room!
Best of luck in 2011! It will surely bring great adventures and self-discovery to you.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Unknown said...

Loved this interior! All the best to you Paloma for 2011!

My Little Boudoir said...

I need to own that rug!! I want to redecorate my living room in navy blue, ivory, brown and orange.

Unknown said...

Beautiful room! Im loving the low bench seating in front of the window! So elegant! Happy New Year to you!

Design Goddess said...

I love this quote. Wow.