photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, December 13, 2010

Get the Look: Lonny’s Holiday Table

image

I loved the festive, but unexpected combination of elements used in this holiday tabletop featured in the new issue of Lonny. I’ve been having a gold moment for some time. Although, maybe it’s more appropriate to call it a gold period since it has gone on for years now! Anyhow, I loved the gold flatware and gold details on the dinnerware in this bold table design. I actually used the same color scheme for my Christmas table last year. While a lot of the elements used in this table design are pretty affordable (love West Elm!), I put my own spin on achieving this look at home on an even smaller budget.

get the look lonny xmas

{From Left to Right: Premier Prints Togo Fabric in Black and White Colorway, West Elm Slices Organic Dinnerware by Philippe Stark, Anthropologie Rippled Coupe Glass, Pottery Barn Schott Zwiesel Set of Stemless Glasses, Gold Mercury Glass Tealight Holders from Luna Bazaar, Red Snow-Printed Cotton Napkins from West Elm}

The items for West Elm in my round-up are the same as the ones Lonny originally used. The look is perfect and the prices are unbeatable, so I didn’t see the point in looking for a different option for those items. Lonny also focused on the pros of having a custom table cloth made. However, the Schumacher Hiro fabric they chose costs $90/yard. The fabric I’ve chosen is similar enough to achieve the same look and is only $9.95/yard. The mercury glass tealight holders from Luna Bazaar are also a steal at $3.65 each. Unfortunately, the mercury glass vase used for the floral centerpiece in the Lonny spread has sold out, but you could certainly achieve an equally fabulous look with a clear glass vase. You could even do your own variation on the flowers by using all white blooms such as hydrangeas, roses, or even a huge mass of carnations. Red roses or dahlias would add a welcome pop of color to the table as well.

image

{By using the elements I rounded up, you’ll be well on your way to recreating this lovely tabletop featured in Lonny.}

12 comments:

Rashon Carraway said...

Ive had my eye on those plates for a little while now.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Averill said...

Great find on the look-a-like Hiro fabric!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Love it! Thanks!xxx

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Love the Togo fabric - such a fave! I love how the Schumacher Hiro fabric looks like confetti - I've never seen that before. Great recreation of a fab table setting!

Lindsey Suggs said...

I love this table too...so much so that I had also posted it on my blog today! Great minds think alike!! Love your twist on the Lonny version though.

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

I love those plates and napkins from West Elm!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

so pretty! love the confetti look with gold notes

Karena said...

Great Job Paloma really beautiful!

I hope you will come visit and enter my Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with that Shumacher fabric on the table!! Great job on finding that Togo Fabric!! Love all of it!!

xoxo A&E
www.thenowstylebook.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a fun table setting! Loved this entire issue!!

xoxo elizabeth

Leah said...

I want those plates so bad! Perfect for a party!

Luvs!

arre said...

good work! it really is so fabulous and inspiring!