photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Here’s to a Fabulous 2011!

vanity decorista tumblr

2010 has been a year of surprising new paths, self-discovery, exciting travels, and promising new projects. Though it’s been mostly great, there have been some challenges as with any year. I can’t think of any other time that I have so eagerly anticipated a new year. I have a really good feeling about 2011! Part of my eager anticipation, no doubt, is due to my excitement for the official launch of High Gloss. We have been working so hard on the magazine and cannot wait to finally share it with everyone. We also have a TON of exciting and inspiring things planned for the rest of our 2011 editorial calendar, so it should be a year filled with travel and fun photo shoots (along with all of the hard work that goes into producing an issue)!

In the past, I’ve talked about the fact that I am a list-maker. Everyday, I operate with a to-do list. Yep, each day starts out with a Post-It on my desk and I work until I’ve checked everything off of it. Seeing as how I usually make the same resolutions over and over, I figured I would take the same approach I did in 2009 and make a to-do list for 2011 rather than random resolutions I am not likely to keep.

2011

in charge pretty girl tumblr

{1. Take charge of my organizational skills…a must with everything that I have to oversee and plan for the magazine. I also hope to be the best possible editor that I can be for High Gloss, creating a fresh, top-notch magazine that is inspiring to our readers. Embrace this newfound path that I am on. I have never been happier, more passionate, or more fulfilled by my career than I am now.}

Marchesa inspiration board via Vogue 

{2. Continually search for inspiration for La Dolce Vita, High Gloss, and my own personal life, whether for the home or in fashion.}

door patterson

{3. Seize opportunities that are presented to me and celebrate even the smallest victories! We are always are own worst critics.}

humor trish south mgmt

{4. Try not to sweat the small stuff, surround myself with positive people and laugh as much as possible!}

car patterson

{5. Cherish every moment with loved ones and try to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, and puppy mom to Tate.}

Michael Paul Photo

{6. Travel whenever possible! Next to my husband Fabian, traveling is what I love most in life.}

Thank you all so much for your continued support. I know that some of you have been reading La Dolce Vita since its inception in the summer of 2007, while others of you are more recent additions. Welcome! I’m not sure if you all know this, but you all inspire and motivate me so, so much and for that, I am incredibly grateful. I hope to be able to continue to grow and develop this little, old blog without which so many things would not have been possible and to do my best to connect with you and inspire you on a daily basis in the new year. Thank you, my dears! Now, do tell…what are your resolutions for 2011?

21 comments:

Celeste said...

What a great list!

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Paloma, congratulations on such a successful year. The endeavor of creating High Gloss is something I know you will be successful at. I can't wait to read your first issue and wish you and your team all of the luck in the world.

quintessence said...

Sounds like a manageable, up beat, creative to do list! I think I speak for all when I say we anxiously await your premier issue!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post to look at and read-I have a long list as well and will use yours as inspiration for more. Can't wait for the first issue of High Gloss! xo

The Purse-a-holic said...

Wonderful list!

http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great ideas!
Thank you so much Paloma for a fantastic year of blogging
Happy New Year xoxo

I Dream Of said...

Such a wonderful list. Mine is quite similar, actually. I'm so inspired by what you are doing -- following your dreams and finding happiness in your creativity. So impressive. I can't wait to see High Gloss!
Happiest of New Years!!!
Jeanne

Marianne said...

What a great list! Looking forward to the first issue of High Gloss! I know it will be a smashing success! Happy New Year!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Love the idea of a to-do list!xx

Cara {An Urban Cottage} said...

Looking forward to the launch of High Gloss! I'm sure it will serve as some inspiration for my own home & blog as I have many projects coming my way in 2011!

Cara
www.anurbancottageblog.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Yours was the first blog that I really identified with, and inspired me to start me own blog. I have a good feeling about 2011 also! Congratulations on a successful year!

suzannemarques said...

so inspiring! can't wait for your new mag xo

Design Goddess said...

I like the "celebrate small victories". Often times we hold off things until it's something major and dont use certain flute glasses or wear certain things until it's a "special" occasion. Every day we're alive is special. I really don't do resolutions per se but I do have some goals (goals I'm less likely to break) & mines is evolving my blog more (click my name 2 view). Also get more clients & attend at least one design bloggers conference.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Paloma- Wishing you a wonderful 2011 and congratulations on your wonderful blog and the launch of High Gloss. Keep inspiring us and Happy New Year!

Anita said...

Great list, Paloma! I am so excited for the launch of High Gloss!!

La Boheme said...

Love your list and can't wait for High Gloss! Thank you for a year of wonderful posts and I wish you only the best in 2011! xoxo

navia stella said...

Your blog is La Dolce Vita indeed. I hope 2011 is a year of beautiful travels and that you have fun accomplishing your to do list.

Faithful Praise said...

Just wanted to end the year letting you know how much I love your site and look forward to the release of High Gloss. I check your site everyday and love the inspiration it provides. Thanks for sharing your passion and imparting style to those of us who thrive on copying others creativity....to make our lives La Dolce Vita too! Happy 2011. May it be filled with love, joy and peace that only He can bring! Blessings!
Tara

Paris Panache Antiques said...

What a great and inspiring list!
I love your site, and look forward every day to reading it!

Happy New Year!

Kathy

New England fine living said...

Happy New Year. I love following your posts. My new years resolution is to follow my heart and my instincts more this year.

rikshaw design said...

great list! i am inspired to create one now!