photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, September 8, 2008

Style Icon: Katherine Heigl

Katherine wore this gorgeous, white Zac Posen gown the night she won her Emmy.

It's been a little while since my last installment of my "Style Icon" feature, but I thought Katherine Heigl would be a great celebrity to kick off the return of the series, mine and hers (Grey's Anatomy). Now, Katherine often puts her foot in her mouth, but rest assured, she's usually wearing some fabulous shoes. I love that her style is polished and sophisticated, while remaining youthful, unlike the style of some celebrities her age. *Cough*, Katie Holmes, *cough*. While you won't catch me wearing pegged men's jeans anytime soon, I would gladly raid Katherine's closet any day! I can honestly say that I would wear every single outfit in this post.

Metallic and leather can look sleazy if it isn't done right, but Katherine nails it! Her dress is a great length and the cropped leather jacket is a nice contrast.

Pretty in a ruffled Anna Sui LBD

I thought Katherine's hair aged her a bit at this year's Academy Awards, but the red Valentino gown looks gorgeous on her.

Heigl proves that horizontal stripes can indeed be flattering in this very lady-like ensemble.

Love the nude dress with black heels at the premiere of Knocked Up! You usually see this color combination in reverse.

Looking very chic on the streets of New York...love this look!

I feel like I've featured a yellow look for every celebrity I have written about for the "Style Icon" series. What can I say? It just pops and can be so flattering on so many skin tones. The yellow jacket and nude heels make the outfit look very pulled together.

Another staple of my style icons...the requisite white coat. Surprisingly, I don't have one in my wardrobe!


Katherine has been photographed several times with her Python "Maison" Valentino bag. The look on the left is perfect for a day of shopping...jeans, a black tee, striped Juicy Couture cardigan, and leopard Tory Burch flats. I love the belted over sized sweater worn with trousers on the right. I will try to recreate that look for work once it cools down here!

Missed the previous installments of "Style "Icon"? Read all about the personal style of Sarah Jessica Parker, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Anne Hathaway, and Lauren Conrad here.

Images via Google

9 comments:

MIMILEE said...

I'm inspired! Gotta get shopping though!

Love Katherine's look.....all of them!

My son is in Houston this week on business......It is his third trip there. Got any great places to suggest for him to eat?

Love your blog!

MIMILEE<><

vicki archer said...

Love the python Valentino handbag.

Adriene Rathbun said...

Love Catherine, and agree - she has FAB style!

Lauren said...

I loved her Oscar's dress this year, but I totally agree with you on the hair - she still looks great though!

Lara said...

She is beautiful! I love her outfit choices. The nude dress with black heels is a refreshing look especially when you consider that the usual is black dress and nude heels like you mentioned! And that photo is from westwood! Go UCLA!

Wendi said...

Liv Tyler would be my style choice.

Jennifer said...

love it all! and you're right about the nude dress, but what a clever outfit!

and I am really regretting passing up a cropped white trench now ... especially since it was on MAJOR sale. gah.

Anonymous said...

The yellow jacket is by far my favorite. Wish I could have that entire outfit! Another brilliant Style Icon...

Kylie
xxx

Fifi Flowers said...

Stylish girl! Love that first white dress! Love how you put together the oufit... nice job!