photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New York Fashion Week: Sex and the City Style


This morning as I perused the new Spring / Summer 2009 Collections from New York Fashion week, I found that in addition to finding things that I personally loved, I kept having things that just screamed "Carrie!", "Charlotte!", "Samantha!", and "Miranda!" at me. Blame it on my poor, worn out Sex and the City DVDs. Since rumors are swirling that a sequel to the Sex and the City movie will eventually be made (yea!), I thought it would be fun (before I spent six hours working on this) to put together some looks for the girls from the new collections, as we all know that they would certainly attend all of the important shows. It's been fun! I guess this is my adult version of playing with paper dolls. I hope you enjoy the looks I put together if the Sex and the City sequel were set in the Spring / Summer of 2009!

Each filmstrip below should show four looks. Please click on the pictures if you only see two. I really hate blogger right now. First, every picture disappeared when I published this post, despite the fact that they showed up in the preview. Now, I see all four pictures per strip in the preview, but only two show up once it's published. I've spent over an hour trying to fix it. I'm so sorry! I worked really hard on this and promise the looks are worth clicking on the pictures!

Looks for Carrie Bradshaw
We all know that Carrie is the perennial fashion addict of the group. She lives, eats, and breathes fashion! Now that she is a little older, she has toned it down just a bit, by her own admission. However, she isn't afraid to take risks. Carrie's look can't be constrained to one particular style, as she is a true chameleon. These looks either reminded me of things she's worn in the past or just looked like "her".

Photobucket 1. Ralph Lauren, 2. Halston, 3. Oscar de la Renta, 4. Monique Lhuillier

Photobucket
1. Matthew Williamson, 2. Rachel Roy, 3. Tory Burch, 4. Halston

Photobucket
1. Oscar de la Renta, 2. Halston, 3. Badgley Mishcka, 4. Monique Lhuillier


Photobucket
1. Proenza Schouler, 2. Oscar de la Renta, 3. Monique Lhuillier, 4. Tory Burch


Looks for Charlotte York-Goldenblatt

Charlotte's aesthetic is ultra-feminine and quite chic. She always looks polished, never sloppy, as she is the consummate lady. Charlotte loves feminine details and often favors an A-line silhouette to complement her hour glass shape.


Photobucket
1. Michael Kors, 2. Tuleh, 3. Oscar de la Renta, 4. Badgley Mishcka

Photobucket
1. Oscar de la Renta, 2. Barbara Tfank, 3. L'Wren Scott, 4. Oscar de la Renta

Photobucket 1. Oscar de la Renta, 2. Barbara Tfank, 3. Monique Lhuillier, 4. L'Wren Scott

Photobucket
1. Monique Lhuillier, 2. Rebecca Taylor, 3. Nanette Lepore, Tory Burch

Looks for Samantha Jones
Samantha's wardrobe reflects her personality: sexy, sultry, commanding. Now that she and Smith are no longer together, Samantha is on the prowl again! The looks I put together for her are sleek and form-fitting to show off her amazing figure. Though some are appropriate for her career as a high-powered publicist, but honestly...how often does she leave anything to the imagination?


Photobucket
1. Badgley Mishcka, 2. Victoria Beckham, 3. Donna Karan, 4. Narciso Rodriguez

Photobucket
1. Elie Tahari, 2. Halston, 3. Ralph Lauren, 4. Marchesa

Photobucket
1. Naeem Khan, 2. Victoria Beckham, 3. Hervé Leger by Max Azria, 4. Costello Tagliapietra

Photobucket
1. Vivienne Tam, 2. Rock & Republic, 3. Costello Tagliapietra, 4. Hervé Leger by Max Azria


Looks for Miranda Hobbes

Miranda's style has progressed the most since the first couple of seasons of Sex and the City. Do you remember the awful pant suits and hideous overalls they put her in at the beginning? Though Miranda's job as a partner at a corporate law firm requires her to dress conservatively most of the time, she has really taken to wearing more feminine silhouettes and often draws attention to her waist.


Photobucket
1. Monique Lhuillier, 2. Oscar de la Renta, 3. Narciso Rodriguez, 4. Victoria Beckham

Photobucket
1. Tory Burch, 2. Ralph Lauren, 3. Barbara Tfank, 4. Donna Karan

Photobucket
1. Tuleh, 2. Barbara Tfank, 3. Oscar de la Renta, 3. Monique Lhuillier

Photobucket
1. Victoria Beckham, 2. Rachel Roy, 3. Tuleh, 4. Carolina Herrera

Images via Style.com


15 comments:

I ♥ You said...

omg paloma!! i love this post!!!! you have picked amazing things for the girls!!! my favorite is the purple halston!

Courtney said...

WOW!!!! You did an incredible job on this post and I could have picked which character without even knowing --- meaning you did one heck of a job. LOVE this and the clothes!!!

Adriene Rathbun said...

Amazing post! You have a great eye - perhaps they'll need your talents for the movie sequel! :)

Mica Perez Cataletto said...

P, this is an amzing collage of all the seasons best outfits. Thanks for opening my eyes to Halston and of course I love all the Ralph Lauren!!

Sarah Ring said...

Paloma - All of these looks are perfect! I can see each character wearing the outfits! What I love about SATC's Pat Field is that she takes these looks straight from the runway and remixes them with vintage elements and things that the characters have already worn (signature items, like a pearl necklace & Birkin bag for Mrs. York-Goldenblatt!)and each character seems real and alive. It's amazing what good fashion can do for characters.

Material Girls said...

LOVE this post- you dressed the characters to a tee!

Brilliant Asylum said...

Love this--well worth the time spent. You even managed to make Miranda look like a fashion goddess. I want several looks from each character. Why does the SATC franchise make me want to max out my credit cards?

I hear you on blogger this week. My pre-edited posts seem to reappear after if I try to make any corrections. I started copying and pasting the HTML to my clipboard before I leave the page because there is a 50% chance I will loose my update. Glad to hear it's not just my computer.

Nikki Kanter said...

OMG, Paloma... The producers are going to be knocking on your door! Great job!

katiedid said...

Fabulous! Even with your blogger headache ( you know I am right there with you!) you put together an amazing post. And I do see all four pictures. :)

simply pink. said...

Great job Paloma!

And I didn't notice the birch wallpaper in Top Design.... I will keep my eyes peeled when I watch the next ep!
I need to make a post about Top Design. There are some people on it that totally irk me! Ahem, Ricky Schroeder's wife! Although she is talented.....

Topsy Turvy said...

Great job Paloma! Your choices are all perfect. I only see 2 images, but clicked on them to see all 4.

-Lana

Tiaa @ EYInteriors said...

You nailed them! What a great post!

Tiaa

Jennifer said...

you are spot-on! great job!

Anonymous said...

This is the absolute BEST post ever! You nailed all of their looks and I love the Barbara Tfank dress you chose for Miranda.

Kylie
xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you all soo much! I'm so glad that you have enjoyed this post. I had so much fun doing it, aside from the technical glitches. :)