photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Luxe Report: Fall Style Inspiration

image

{Bright Pop of Yellow, Wrapped in a Super-Luxe Fur, via tumblr}

Hi La Dolce Vita readers! I’m Rebecca, the founder of the fashion site, Young Sophisticates, and I’ll be writing a new fashion column, called The Luxe Report, here on La Dolce Vita. The Luxe Report will showcase the best in designer fashion and trends, with an emphasis on luxury and glamour. There will be links at the end of each post so you can shop the chic styles you’ve seen, and get the look! Some of my favorite things, right now, include… pink peonies, the fashion featured on Gossip Girl, Lollia Tea Leaves & Honey candle, OPI black cherry chutney and baking double chocolate cupcakes. I’m all about sophisticated pieces, with feminine detailing. My favorite designers include Proenza Schouler, Marchesa, Jason Wu, and Oscar de la Renta. I share Paloma’s “classic with a twist” aesthetic in fashion and interiors, and that’s why I am thrilled to be a new La Dolce Vita contributor.

 

Right now, I am daydreaming about luxe fur coats, fit-for-a-princess Issa London dresses, bright pops of color, and a bit of tweed and houndstooth thrown in the mix for good measure. Which fashion trends are you inspired by this season?

{Classic Pointy Toe Heels, Tortoise Sunnies, Minimalist Vibe Skirt & a Sexy Chic Fur Coat, via tumblr}

image

{Ladylike & Modern, Issa - London Fashion Week - F/W '11, via tumblr}

image

{Parisian Chic; Effortlessly Cool Clemence Poesy via tumblr}

 
 
 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm super excited about all of this fall fashion! I want to get a fur vest, truly, but will it be over in about a month?

Excited to see more posts!

Neda said...

I feel like I'm expired by a different designer/look every day but for now it's fur,fur, fur and Alexander Wang clutches and bags! I love the contrast between the soft fur and the metals on his accessories. Looking forward to your column! :)

Carolyn Hampton said...

Fur??!! It's 2011. Can this be for real? People are still supporting animal cruelty?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Carolyn! If your going to wear the fur look go faux. I love the idea of mixing different textures and I'm definitely loving all of the ideas in this post, but I absolutely do NOT support killing animals for fashion.