photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Glamour Obsession: American Glamour by Ralph Lauren

Hello Gorgeous!  I'm Vanessa Stern and I write a lifestyle blog called Vanessa & Valentine.  By day I work as a Creative Recruiter and in my free time I work on various design projects.  I spent the latter half of my 20s selling to the trade working at Janus et Cie and the David Sutherland Showroom in West Hollywood, before all my clients became reality stars!  I could write a book about all the craziness going on in the design industry, but shhh, I'm not saying a word!  So, to kick off my series "Glamour Obsession," I knew I had to go straight to the source of all-out American Glamour: Ralph Lauren.
Nothing takes my breath away more than the dramatic impact of black and gold.  I know this combo has been everywhere this past year, but I seriously haven't gotten tired of it yet.  My heart literally melted when I recently came across these images of RL's new Fall collection One Fifth.   
Caitlin McGauley, one of my favorite artists (and former RL textile designer), painted the portrait of the lady hanging on the bookshelf.  Love that!
 
This dining room has me wanting to lacquer every door, table and chair black!  What I love most about this palette is it's super easy to recreate at a much more affordable level without compromising any style or sophistication.
This deco inspired table top is to die for don't you think???  The cup and saucer is by far my favorite and the salad plates aren't bad either!  I really dig the graphic and bold patterns.
Everyone knows I love a good bottle and bucket on ice!  Served up on a gold tray...pass the champy please!!!
The fur and silk shams are a bit much and this bed is definitely too sexy for words (and I wouldn't imagine that comfy or plush to sleep in) but I had to include it to give you the whole visual effect.
I love this new take on the classic chevron.  Definitely a much more prissy version than the original, but the gold and black is killin' it!
See you next time as we continue exploring all things glamorous!
 
xo,
Vanessa
 
Images via Ralph Lauren Home

19 comments:

Ana Antunes said...

Amazing that black & gold mixed into Glamour! Nice post Paloma. It's allways nice to come to your blog everyday. from Ana at Home-styling.blogspot.com

Tatiana Doria said...

It looks masculine to me, and I love it. I´m a total fan of black furniture, so this is it!

Megan Abigail Chandler said...

Ralph Lauren is a total style icon to me from interiors to fashion ... I adore it!

Megan Abigail Chandler said...

Ralph Lauren is a total style icon from interiors to fashion ... adore it!

Megan Abigail Chandler said...

I adore Ralph Lauren! Such a style icon from fashion to interiors ... I tear out his ads for framing! Love it!

Arianna Belle said...

Wow! Definitely dramatic and glamorous! Great post Vanessa!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Seriously, this collection is SIIIIIIICK! Donning every first page of all the home mags as of late...I swear I don't remember openly drooling over any spread in my life. Now it's only a matter of deciding which client gets what...love this post!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

www.HauteKhuuture.com

Chelsea Valentine said...

Valentine here...Congratulations, Vanessa on becoming an LDV blog post contributor! What a bold start to the Glamour Obsession series! I obsess over white, but black laquer, gold accents, and glammed out chevron pillows are gorg! Well done and I look forward to the next GO post!
xx,
Valentine

Park Interiors said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love black and gold.

Sandy said...

Love Ralph Lauren! Your Dad and I just visited his flagship store in Manhattan yesterday(one of our last stops before going to JFK)and his store is to die for. You were on my mind as I admired each room decorated in black and gold. How ironic you wrote about it today. Great job!

Houndstooth and Nail said...

Everything is totally gorgeously glamourous!
Love it!

:)
Ingrid

bevy said...

black and gold is so glamorous. interesting tidbit on Caitlin McGauley.

Paula said...

black, white and gold... could it be MORE PERFECT??

such wonderful mix of textures and patterns, absolutely breathtaking...

Anonymous said...

<3 it! Ralph is my favorite designer :)

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Dramatic to be sure. And RL's sleek deco looks are always wonderful to behold. I'm not sure I could live with black and gold everyday though. Which is why I need a pied a terre in NYC for monthly jaunts.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous post Vanessa! Looking forward to the next ones and stopping by Vanessa and Valentine!

carol said...

Wow...outstanding, stylish and glamourous! What a wonderful intro to La Dolce Vita!

Margherita said...

That's a little bit too much black and gold for my own taste...

Amara said...

There is something so spectacularly glamorous about black+gold.
Amara